Wednesday, February 4, 2009

change.

not talking politics, faithful readers.

i'm talking about... my blog.

my trusty template has been with me for the last three and a half years. i've been ready for a change but was unable to...

...find a new template i liked.
...feel satisfied with what "new Blogger" had to offer.
...summon up the courage to undertake the challenge.
...convince myself that change was necessary.

having overcome all those obstacles, i am about the begin implementation of a Major Blog Overhaul. i have been playing and testing and customizing and tweaking the template i found for days now in my secret underground lab trusty test blog.

things may look odd here while the transition is in progress. fear not (i have that covered for all of us), one way or another we will be up & running shortly. either with a brand new look for my thoughts over here at Broken Road...or with my old template (safely copied, pasted and tucked away) restored to its familiar form.

see you on the other side.
::gulp::

edit to add: and i've pulled it off! without a hitch! ::happy dance::

28 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:42:00 AM  

Go Dawn - Change is good!

Bonita Rose Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:20:00 AM  

it looks great!!! love it.. love the banner!

Janet Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:24:00 AM  

Oh, it's fixed and looks great on firefox now!!! It looks awesome and just in time for VD!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:27:00 AM  

This looks awesome! I'm so scared. I really need to do the same.

SEVEN DAYS! AHHHHH!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:41:00 AM  

I like how your blogroll puts the most recently updated sites at the top. It's good motivation for when I go through my many long, um, pauses. Who doesn't want to be near the top of Dawn's blogroll?

Otherwise, very well done -- congratulations! I already miss the dunkin' candycanes (tastiest-looking banner ever), but I suppose it was time. Onward to Valentine's Day!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:57:00 AM  

Thank you for all the kind words! I am so relieved; it went much more smoothly than I anticipated.

Janet: That was one of the things I was hoping correct with a fresh template. I know there were some viewing issues in many of the non-IE browsers. I'm glad that it's working on Firefox now!

Pocklock: I was *terrified*. I had visions of...I don't even know what. If I had any idea what I was doing in anything other than Blogger, I would so help you out!

Joe: I miss it too. That may have been one of my all time favorite banners for my blog. I usually stick with my Winter theme until Spring, but since I was doing such a major change, I figured I should go with a new banner too.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:00:00 PM  

Oh & I really like the new blogroll feature too! Old Blogger didn't allow for that option but I was all over integrating that widget as soon as I tried it out in my test blog!

*krystyn* Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:19:00 PM  

I love how it turned out - I was actually working on the same thing yesterday but mainly just changing colors...not too exciting. Mine needs an overhaul but I don't have the time or energy...

Love the banner too! Love is in the air, huh?

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:25:00 PM  

Thanks, Krystyn. =) It does take a lot of time & brain power to completely overhaul a blog. I've been working on it in stages for a while now. It was time for something new. I've been just changing banners and colors on the old template for so long now that there just wasn't any visual interest left there for me. Plus I really liked some of the new widgets they have for the new version of Blogger & they seem to have worked out most of the growing pains now so it was time.

You know what I really like about Valentines Day? It is an excuse for me to use red. =P

Debi Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:42:00 PM  

And it looks beautiful! But you know, even with a blank slate, we'd all be here reading...because it's what Dawn writes and who Dawn is that keeps us coming back!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:44:00 PM  

Awww. Thank you, Debi. I feel all warm & fuzzy now. =)

Lisa Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:10:00 PM  

It's BEAUTIFUL! I felt lifted just looking at the colors and the happy vibration!

Good work! :-)

Your not so secret reader (now that you outed yourself on Snarkypants!)

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:19:00 PM  

I love the new look! I've been experimenting with mine, too. I think I finally figured out a look that I like.

gail@more than a song Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:27:00 PM  

It looks great! You did a great job! I'm sure that must have been scary though.

Nichole M Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:39:00 PM  

Oh, it looks great! And it also looks like a *lot* of work. Nicely done!

Blogstiny Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:38:00 PM  

I think it looks great. Good job!

J-Dawg's Realm Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:17:00 PM  

Diggin' it! Oh how I wish I had the know-how to do what you do so well :) I am sure that is pretty obvious! Your edits from over a year ago are STILL on mine today! Love it! Keep bloggin' on wit your bad self

J

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:34:00 AM  

BELLISIMO !
I LOVED the cake when i first popped on this am... so glad i have an apple turnover on my desk, otherwise i'd be hunting down a recipe for a big ole fluffy cake.

jenny Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:45:00 AM  

Oh hey....this is looking great.

Nice job, Dawn.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, February 05, 2009 1:29:00 PM  

It looks awesome Dawn! I really love the colors and clean lines, and the layout is really nice too :) Great job! I know it was a lot of work, but it paid off!

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 05, 2009 1:44:00 PM  

Looks good to me! And oh my god, now I want cake.

Ted D Thursday, February 05, 2009 2:47:00 PM  

Dawn, the new blog looks great! I may need your advice if I ever decide to change mine.

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:28:00 PM  

Well done, Dawn. The changes look great!

Jeanne Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:42:00 AM  

I've always been impressed with everything you have going on. Looks great! And I love that header!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP