Monday, October 29, 2007

put on your big boy pants



one more time:
there is no mercy rule in the NFL.

a football game is sixty minutes long.
you play for the whole sixty minutes.
that means any team is allowed to keep scoring any time they have the opportunity to do so.
even the Patriots.
what do you want them to do? stop playing four minutes into the third quarter?

don't like them scoring so many points?
boo hoo.
bring a defense & stop them.

this is not powder puff football where we play by gentler rules.
this is not peewee football where everyone gets a trophy at the end.
this is professional football where grown men are paid millions of dollars to play a game.

take off your skirts.
stop whining.
play the game.
or be a cheerleader.

also? i wonder if the rest of the NFL hates Mangini now for pissing off Bill Belichick?

4 with their own thoughts:

Mom Tuesday, October 30, 2007 9:05:00 AM  

While I do a agree with some of your post and the skins shouldn't whine as it is in poor taste. I am a die hard redskins fan and those types of games are tough to watch. I question the Pats coaching only because what if while running up the score they lost Tom Brady to an injury? Or any other starter for that matter. I think that there comes a point where you say OK we have done our job here lets run out the clock. But I give it to the Pats' and their fans they have a lot to be proud of Brady looks like the game is effortless to him!

WAY to go SOXXXXXX!!!!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:04:00 AM  

THANK you! I'm so sick of hearing the whining! Do you think THEIR team would whine if they had been the ones doing so well? Nope! "Take off the skirts" is right! ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:13:00 AM  

Steph: I know it's hard to watch. I never enjoy when a team ::coughcoughIndycough:: scores huge against the Patriots. But I am always frustrated with the way New England played & not how many points the other team scored. If Indy pummels the Patriots on Sunday, you won't hear me whining that they should have knelt on the ball & not run up the score. I think Bill wants the Patriots in a frame of mind to score til the points come out the opponents' ears *because* of the Week Nine matchup. No mercy. The other team isn't going to give *us* any. And if he wants to risk injury to Tom or any one of the other starters, that's his business. I like the 'Skins, so I feel bad that they lost, but... I still don't think any team should have to stop scoring til the game ends.

smitty: I think everyone will just keep finding reasons to be critical of the Patriots. Someone actually complained to me the other day that it isn't fair that Boston gets the Red Sox *and* the Patriots doing so well in the same year. Ummmm... WHAT??

marianne Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:24:00 AM  

No doubt about it, Dawn. I agree with you all the way and you know how diehard a Skins fan I am! Your guys played superior football - ours didn't even show up. They earned every point... as painful as it was.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP