Monday, October 15, 2007

live from my living room: Game Three 8:44pm



::gathers the members of the Boston Red Sox around her in the dugout::
you see, boys, those white things out there? those are *bases*. you get on them by standing at the hexagonal one & hitting that hard white thing we call a baseball with this stick of wood. that's called a bat. the idea is to take the bat & hit the ball somewhere there isn't a guy wearing a uniform that doesn't look like yours. then you run like hell to that white square over there. the goal is to get from there to the next base until you finally cross back over the hexagonal one where you started for something called a *run*. think you've got the idea now?

10 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, October 15, 2007 8:45:00 PM  

Dawn, I'm gonna go ahead and say it: that pep talk will be THE momentum switch we're needing.

Let's Go Daisuke!!!

JMP Monday, October 15, 2007 8:46:00 PM  

HA HA too funny..but I think they do not understand you...perhaps you are so agitated you are speaking in tongues!!!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 15, 2007 8:49:00 PM  

I am so over Grady Sizemore. And his beard.

And that guy with the drum.

JMP Monday, October 15, 2007 8:49:00 PM  

Bottom of the 6th..not going good...this will be a long night for us of the RSN...

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 15, 2007 8:52:00 PM  

I am out of tranquilizers. Please send reinforcements.

JMP Monday, October 15, 2007 8:54:00 PM  

//And that guy with the drum.//
That drum reminds me of Tampa Bay Rays Tropicana Field with the dang cow bells and the nut jobs in the white overalls and rainbow afros banging them under the scoreboard in center field!!!

JMP Monday, October 15, 2007 8:55:00 PM  

I had the second truck load delivered to my house...sorry :>(

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 15, 2007 9:01:00 PM  

::twitching in the corner of the living, muttering incoherently to herself::

Brian in Oxford Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:40:00 AM  

Am I late with the,

home plate is actually a PENTAgon?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:51:00 AM  

Brian: Yeah yeah. Laugh it up. I make no claims about having *any* math-related skills. I am lucky I actually picked a shape. =P And given my distressed frame of mind last night, the chances of me getting the shape correctly were even more diminished. Not that it mattered. They couldn't hit the damn ball to save their souls, no matter what shape home plate is. Hmmm... the rest of the bases *are* squares, right...?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP