Friday, October 26, 2007

finally!

for the last several years, i have been lamenting the lack of good tv. my favorite shows were retiring. the new ones coming out were painfully unwatchable. i felt doomed to watching shows on dvd & reruns on tv, with Boston Legal being my only actual *new* television.

then last year, Nichole hooked me on Grey's. and over the summer, i found myself really enjoying the reruns of Men In Trees. so at least there were three shows to have on at night. even if i am not sitting on my couch doing nothing, i like to have the tv on. i live by myself. i don't want to live in utter silence, ya know?

i have to say, i am especially pleased with some of the new shows that have premiered this fall. i've really been enjoying Private Practice, which is kind of Grey's with a little sillier twist in place of all the darkness. and Cane has been good too -- sort of like a modern day version of Dallas, with sugar cane being the new oil, and south Florida being the new location. but i think the best surprise of all has been Samantha Who? it's funny. and lighter than the other shows i watch. i needed a good half hour comedy to get into, and i think this is going to be it. this show makes me laugh out loud. and believe me, that's not always the easiest thing to accomplish.

so... if you haven't watched, check it out! ;-) if you click the button, it will take you to the site, explain a little more about the show. there are some clips, and a link to watch the first two espiodes online!

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, October 26, 2007 8:20:00 PM  

I hear ya'-there is so much good TV now I have a hard time keeping up with it all. I may have to cut a few shows. I DVR a bunch, but then I never have time to catch up on them.

I decided to DVR Men in Trees after reading your posts, but I have yet to watch them - I think I'm 3 wks behind now. I was also 3 wks behind on Boston Legal, but finally got caught up on that one.

:-)

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:21:00 AM  

this is the first time since friends went off the air that i actually have *new* tv shows that i enjoy!!!

try pushing daisies. it's not for everyone, but it's so quirky and endearing. i love. my favorite is heroes, and i also like chuck and life is wild, which i actually thought of blogging about.

i have something very happy posted on my blog :) i'm excited so go check it out. i know that YOU will appreciate it!!!

Anonymous,  Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:31:00 PM  

Until recently I was really afraid to get myself hooked on new shows. I know it sounds silly but so many that I loved got killed off. First Millennium, then Harsh Realm, Tru Calling, then Wonderfalls, then My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss (OK, so the last one was mind candy). But so far, Grey's is still on, and I'm hearing that I need to catch up on Heroes and Jericho. Maybe I'll give this Samantha Who a try...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP