Wednesday, October 31, 2007

boo to you!

the Sunday before last, i got to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. the atmosphere was fantastic: characters dressed up in costume. cast members handing out candy as you exited attractions. an awesome soundtrack of villain songs & spooky music playing all throughout the park. all announcements made by "The Ghost Host" from the Haunted Mansion. Mickey's Boo to You parade. and HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular. it was great, festive, the whole park decked out in Halloween style -- if you could get past the fact that it rained the whole night. i stayed for the parade at least, but was too soggy to handle staying for the fireworks (i'd actually gotten to see HalloWishes last year, so it was not too mush of a disappointment not to see them) -- and anyway, i needed to get home to watch the Sox play Game Seven of the ALCS, which i was DVR-ing. ;-)

quite a few people were in costume. the best of the night, hands down, were the giant man dressed as Fred Flintstone, carrying his tiny baby girl, dressed as Pebbles; the group that was dressed as the cast of Gilligan's Island; and *my* personal favorite: the group who came dressed as that night's starting lineup of your Boston Red Sox!

unfortunately, due to the fact that it was not only nighttime, but dreary & rainy, not too many of my photos of the parade or the costumed characters came out, and none of my attempts to capture the spooky Magic Kingdom, with its special effects lighting & strategically placed fog machines, or the giant inflatable alien lurking over Tomorrowland, were successful, but in honor of Halloween, i thought i would share a few at least:













hope you all had a fun & spooky Halloween!

13 with their own thoughts:

marianne Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:28:00 AM  

oh, what fun!! you are so lucky to get to see all that Disney has to offer there whenever you want!! hope you had a fun Halloween too!! :)

marianne Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:32:00 AM  

oops - forgot to tell you - love your new look!! great header! :)

*krystyn* Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:07:00 AM  

Great pics - thanks for sharing. I agree w/Marianne - how lucky u are to get to see Disney ALL THE TIME!!

Anonymous,  Thursday, November 01, 2007 8:58:00 AM  

I wish i could bring my little ones to see that party ! lucky lucky

Debi Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:03:00 AM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Gosh, how could you not, huh? As always...I love, love, love your photos! And I love your new look, too!

colleen Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:45:00 AM  

These are great photos. I especially like the one's at night!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:22:00 AM  

Marianne: I know I am lucky! I am *so* spoiled by getting to see WDW any time I want, and in every season.

Krystyn: I love it. I will never understand how people can say they get bored with it.

Keri: It is fantastic for the little kids! They have additional trick-or-treat spots throughout the park (I didn't stop at those), and free face painting for the kids. There are special shows & story telling. They had Cast Members walking the parade route while everyone was lined up waiting, handing out more candy. And it wasn't just cheap penny candy! It was Hershey's and Reese's and the candy they sell in their candy shops! It's a hard ticket event (which means my Annual Pass does not grant me admission; everyone who attends must have a separate ticket specifically for this events) and they do them quite a few days throughout Septemeber & October. Totally worth it, in my opinion! They really did this party up nicely.

Debi: Thank you for all your sweet compliments! I'm glad you enjoy my photos so much. =)

Colleen: Thanks. I wish more of my night photos had come out, but it's difficult without a tripod, and there's too many people around for that. Not to mention i couldn't brace myself against anything for stability since it was raining steadily & I was already trying to balance an umbrella while shooting photos. Oh well.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:37:00 AM  

Fun, these pictures are just great! Thanks for sharing them with us. I doubt we will ever get to visit Disney at Halloween, so its cool to see how they "do" that holiday!

Love your new look too, that header photo is great. Did you take it?! :)

Have a great day girlie!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:54:00 PM  

I thought you said it wasn't scary. A huge Poo walking around would scare the crap out of me.

Disturbing.

Janet Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:34:00 PM  

mmmm, that header is delicious! Can I have a bite?

Oh, man, I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Disney at Halloween! Cool, cool pics!

gail@more than a song Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:27:00 PM  

Ah, brings back such memories! We went with our kids to WDW 2 years ago and had tickets for the Not so Scary party, fun! And the cast members were so dressed up....I probably told you but I asked one of them about her costume and she said, "what costume" so indignantly! She was dressed like a zombie or something!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 02, 2007 11:38:00 AM  

Jerk... hmmmm... I feel funny calling someone that. I think I might need to call you 2.0! LOL! I might also have to giggle at you for being scared of a Pooh Bear.

Janet: I'll tell you what. I wanted something different for my Auutmn header. I had no idea it would make me -- and everyone else! -- hungry! Halloween at WDW is a blast. The only thing better is Christmas. I was super impressed with the Halloween party!

Gail: Don't they really do a nice job with it? =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP