Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Friday Fun: October 2, 2007



Friday Frustrations

1. Do you ever feel that people can take things too seriously? Like what?

absolutely. like what? like almost everything. they take comments, commercials, scenes in movies, tv shows, *themselves*, you name it -- all too seriously. sometimes i think we all need to lighten up just a little bit. laugh, especially at yourself. get upset about the stuff that really matters, but then *do* something about it. something besides gripe & complain & whine.

2. Do you ever have a day where it seems like nothing will go right? How do you get past that?
chocolate. copious amounts of chocolate.

3. What is the most frustrating thing that has happened to you this week?
he's about four feet tall. and is afflicted by an enlarged ego. (or maybe it's the rest of us who are afflicted by it...) i exceeded my tolerance limit for him for the week before lunch today. it's *Tuesday*. this is going to be a long week.

4. What is one thing that is guaranteed to frustrate you every time?
see above.

Friday Four

Name four,…
1. Things next to your bed.

remote for the tv. coaster. bottle of Vanilla Bean Noel lotion. photo of me & my Gram when i was about a year old.

2. Things you would like to have, regardless of cost.
tickets (for the good seats) to see the Sox every time they come to Tampa. some really good software for organizing all my recipes. to have all my favorite photos, and my blog archives finally in printed format. a laptop -- in addition to my desktop, not in place of it, for when i am lazy & don't want to actually get up to use the computer. =P

3. Things you wish you hadn’t done.
forgotten the bread with which to make my sandwich for lunch today. benched Ronnie Brown in favor of Steve Smith on my Fantasy Football team in my match up against J-Dawg this week. waited so long (you're correct -- that is intentionally vague). trusted people who never deserved it.

4. Things you would like to learn.
how to keep people from using my desk as their personal office supply store. how not to cry when i get really mad. how to cook for just one person without so many leftovers. how not to feel guilty when i do something for *me*.

5. Websites that you like to shop at.
yeah... i don't really shop online that much. or in real life either, for that matter. feel free to tell me four of *your* favorite websites to shop at though!

6. Blogs that I should visit.
i'm going to not list friends this time. i'm going to link some random blogs i really enjoy instead: Lisa Russo Photography: the blog - not just her photography; i love the whole thing, but her photographs alone are worth the visit. The Pioneer Woman Cooks! - this blog just makes me want to eat... Daily Glimpses - a little bit of anything & everything here. Basegirl - if you're a Red Sox or Patriots fan, this girl seriously cracks me up. so... how about you? any blogs i'm missing that i simply shouldn't be?

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:59:00 PM  

The 4 ft tall guy -it's called "Napoleon Syndrome" -I knew someone like that. I'm sorry you have to deal with him. Ick!

I have a cherished pic of me and my grandma too - I think I'm 3-4 years old.

Janet Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:43:00 PM  

You could try shopping or checking out the blog A Girl Must Shop (www.agirlmustshop.com); also, check out SilverWillow's blog (http://turquoisewaterssw.blogspot.com/); she's awesome!

jenny Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:09:00 AM  

I love the Pioneer Woman...I just discovered her a week or so ago. Her recipes? Totally do-able. And they look so good. Perfect for Sunday afternoon football meals :)

J-Dawg's Realm Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:05:00 AM  

Well Dawn!
It was a tight week all the way to the Monday Night game...I was just hoping and praying your WR Wes Walker didnt score a TD and have more that 100 yards receiving -- that would have given him 9 points and you would have won the week by one point...Thanks for a great week FF wise! Look forward to the next matchup Week 11!

Take care
J

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP