Sunday, October 14, 2007

me. Day 11,325.

yes, to clarify for those of you who asked, Friday was, indeed, my birthday.
31 years old. and two days now.

funny (in a way) how i am nowhere near where i thought i would be by my 31st birthday. in fact, i am not sure it is possible for me to be further from that picture i had in my head. most days, i am ok with that. more than ok with it. i wouldn't want to be the girl i imagined if it would mean i couldn't be the girl i am right now. and somehow i don't think i would be...

there are days, though, that i wonder how i managed to wind up so far away from where i dreamed i would be. and then i wonder, now that i no longer have the slightest clue where i am going, where i am going to end up, as i trip along down this broken road. there are potholes & detours for sure, but there is sunlight filtering through the trees as well now, lighting the path before me.

i don't always do a perfect job of keeping my eyes on the patches of sunlight falling on my broken road, but i am always grateful to find them still there when my vision has strayed toward the shadows. the destination is even less certain to me now, but this a wonderfully scary position to find myself in, the delicious kind of scary that holds promise & is brimming with possibilities.

7 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, October 15, 2007 12:06:00 AM  

I'm not where I thought I'd be either. I'd do a lot of things different, if I could do it all again.

gail@more than a song Monday, October 15, 2007 7:41:00 AM  

I had forgotten that you had an Oct. birthday! Hope you had a great day and birthday weekend! But that's probably one of the reasons you love fall, your birthday month....I did remember that you're a fall girl. One of my daughters has a birthday this month and Stacy and they love fall too.

gail@more than a song Monday, October 15, 2007 7:42:00 AM  

I guess I've gotten busy and forgotten to read your counter on the side!

Debi Monday, October 15, 2007 8:18:00 AM  

Oh my goodness...I'm sorry I missed it! Happy, happy, happy belated birthday!

You know, I'll bet there's really very few people who actually do end up with the life they envisioned. Mine is so not what I ever pictured...thank heavens!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 15, 2007 8:41:00 AM  

Krystyn: Hindsight is 20/20.

Gail & Debi: Thank you! Not to worry. I tend to kind of skim over mentioning my birthday unless someone calls me out on it. Not so much because of the number but because I don't like being the center of attention. =)

Shrink Wrapped Scream Monday, October 15, 2007 9:42:00 AM  

Hey, happy belated birthday, bonny lass! Speaking as someone much further along the aged path than you, I'm so much happier with the years .. here's to many more (for both of us). Cheers!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 15, 2007 9:56:00 AM  

Thank you, SWS. =) The detours become more of an adventure than an obstacle the more life experience I gain. That's for sure.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP