Saturday, August 8, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: July 2009

photo of me


1) current candle scents:
Midnight Cove. Sunflower.

2) what i am currently reading:
Faithful (Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King). Mixed Blessings (Danielle Steel).

3) newest music i added my playlist:
"Ain't No Sunshine" by Kris Allen. "Summer Breeze" by Jason Mraz. "Then" by Brad Paisley.

4) movies i saw:
didn't watch a single one in July.

5) something yummy i made this month:
Farmers Market Squash Saute.

6) the last place i ate out:
ummm...Ling's...i think...

7) something that made me cry:
seeing Alison walk down the aisle...hearing Alison & Keith say their vows...watching them exchange their rings...the first introduction of them as husband & wife...

8) something that made me laugh:
"that's some mustache." (and yes, you had to be there.) also: police officers on loud-speakers inquiring about pottying toddlers--and the expressions on the faces of those involved.

9) something i looked forward to this month:
celebrating my dear friend Alison's marriage with her. and a trip to Fenway with Nichole & Daniel!

10) something i am thankful for:
having the chance to sit & unwind after a busy five weeks.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
reading this quote from Judy Garland: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."

12) a photo i took this month:

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:06:00 PM  

I wish you had had a camera in the front seat when you saw my face. I actually would pay money to see a picture of myself in that situation!!! Hmmm...that reminds me, I need to put that potty in my car for emergency situations!

Samantha Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:10:00 PM  

cool pic. does that have something to do with sports? (excuse my ignorance!!)

jenny Monday, August 10, 2009 11:34:00 AM  

I LOVE that green monster picture. And I will forever be thankful to Stewart O'Nan for writing about how best to see batting practice.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:01:00 AM  

LFM: I wish I had! It was so funny! Have you added in the emergency potty seat yet?

Samantha: It's from the walkway leading to the Green Monster seats at Fenway Park in Boston. =)

Jenny: That is one of my very favorite photos from the Fenway Tour. Came out *exactly* as I wanted it to!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP