Monday, August 24, 2009

i've come so far

All alone, I didn't like the feeling
All alone, I sat and cried
All alone, I had to find some meaning
In the center of the pain I felt inside

(from "Sand and Water," Beth Neilsen Chapman)


"I didn't notice because I'd drifted into a state of constant absence, many months, if not years, before, staying numb to avoid a creeping unhappiness just under the surface."
(author unknown, essay in Redbook, November 2006, "The Awakening")

---------------------------------

three years ago, i shook free of the numb and the unhappy and the emptiness.

i've never looked back.

4 with their own thoughts:

Heather Monday, August 24, 2009 8:15:00 AM  

know that there are 2 pretty girls up here in Connecticut that support your decision to do so! we love you and miss you!

Samantha Monday, August 24, 2009 11:51:00 AM  

it's a great feeling, isn't it? good for you!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:37:00 AM  

Heather: I know you guys do & I appreciate it so much! =) Love & miss you too!

Samantha: It really is. =)

*krystyn* Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:06:00 PM  

hooray for looking forward!! I need to get better at it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP