Monday, August 10, 2009

20 Questions: August 10, 2009

1. Where did you go on your first airplane ride?
It was just before my junior year of high school & we flew to New Orleans for the LCMS National Youth Gathering.

2. What is your earliest memory?
running away from my mother, crying, because she was trying to clean my ears with a Q-tip. i couldn't have been more than two-and-a-half.

3. What was your second grade teacher's name?
Mrs Voisine.

4. What was the last thing you watched on tv?
the Today show while i got ready for work this morning.

5. My uncle once:
had a huge family gathering at his home one Summer. i remember being there all day & late into the evening. the kids dragged a bunch of lawn chairs together & made a fort. we laid beneath it, in the grass, and watching big people cha, fireflies flicker, and fireworks set off by older cousins, lighting up the sky.

6. How long was your longest relationship?
six years. twice. i am starting to think i expire after six years now...

7. What do you want to be?
healthy. kind. generous. gentle. gracious. lovable. oh & let's throw cute in there, just for good measure.

8. What was the last thing you received in the mail?
that wasn't junk? my bank statement.

9. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
that we would stop feeling the need to tell everyone how to live their lives, what to think and feel and believe, and then act all wounded & offended when someone doesn't agree with us.

10. Would you prefer 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather?
you know? it really doesn't matter, because either way, i am inside a climate-controlled environment. the snow is prettier to look at, but i don't have to shovel 100-degrees. i guess i'll go with the snow, since now it's a novelty.

11. What is your homepage set to?
it's my iGoogle page. *love*.

12. Last 5 websites you visited:
i'm going to not count Blogger, since, well... DUH, i'm on it. so: Gmail. Google Reader. ESPN Fantasy Baseball. Yankee Candle. my bank.

13. Were you a planned baby?
ummm... not so much. ;-)

14. What do you believe is the meaning of life?
"it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

15. What bill do you hate paying the most?
car insurance. not even a close second contender there. it's absolute highway robbery down here, and then there's the fact so many people don't bother to carry it. just...ARG.

16. How many schools did you attend through grade twelve?
just two.

17. The Cosby Show or The Simpsons?
The Cosby Show.

18. Three signs Summer is here:
tank tops. daily afternoon thunderstorms. humidity so thick, you can scoop up a handful of it & hurl it at someone like a snowball.

19. The last time you had your feelings hurt:
apparently long enough that i can no longer recall who, when or why.

20. Who was your first best friend?
i actually had two. in nursery school. Heather and also another girl named Heather. still have the first one! lucky me! =)

8 with their own thoughts:

Heather Monday, August 10, 2009 11:59:00 AM  

that sounds a bit sarcastic...however i know it is not!

kreed Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:33:00 AM  

Your humidity snowball made me chuckle...

penuttpie Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:12:00 AM  

love when you do these lists! so cool :)
i always think i should do these as well. maybe someone wants to learn something about me!

*krystyn* Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:50:00 PM  

I love my iGoogle home page too....and I was an UNplanned baby as well.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:17:00 AM  

Heather: *SO* not sarcastic!! Not at all!

Georgie: I would love it if it didn't last from May-mid October. ;-)

kreed: Hee! If only it wereb't almost the truth! =P

G: Yes yes yes! People want to learn more about you! =)

K: Isn't it the best? I love all the ways you can customize it! Were you as unplanned as I was? I was semi-present at the wedding! LOL

J-Dawg's Realm Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:55:00 PM  

#19 - that is a good thing - wish I could say the same :)
J

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:57:00 AM  

J: Give me a little time. When I answered that, I also realized I am due. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP