Thursday, August 6, 2009

bait & switch.

if you're on Gmail with me, you know that it's commonplace for me to carry on complete conversations (sometimes with several different people, on multiple topics, simultaneously--but that is neither here nor there. /tangent) within the confines of my Gmail status. there are valid reasons for this, but...i direct you to the paretheses before i digress yet again.

this morning, upon my arrival at work, i plugged in:
ya know, Thursday, Monday gets all the bad press, but you sit quietly leering, doing everything you can to pass yourself off as Friday. at least Monday owns its evil nature; you are straight-up dishonest. i just want you to know that i'm onto you.

to which my good friend Michelle responded:
Oh, I like Thursday...Thursday is like being next, or in Dawn's world, Thursday is like being on deck.

which prompted the following reply:
that would be all well & good, but Thursday is always a poser--*feels* like it's Friday just long enough to get my hopes up. it's like Mike Lowell being on deck, then at the last minute, Julio Lugo gets the at-bat.

what *is* it about this day that always has me convinced it is the long-awaited & highly-anticipated Friday, only to realize i have once again been suckered by Thursday's sick sense of humor, as it lays on the ground, uproarious, clutching its stomach in the sweet agony of uncontrollable laughter, delighted that its prank has again proved successful?

Thursday? you suck.

2 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:27:00 PM  

hahha
poor dawn :(

but it was funny!

Sarah Anne Friday, August 07, 2009 1:23:00 AM  

Thursday is actually my favorite day of the week. Go ahead and shoot me. ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP