Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: March 2008

after a brief hiatus for some re-vamping, my monthly Snapshot is back! (because i'm sure you've been waiting with bated breath.)

photo of me (i'm the one in red)


1) current candle scents: bedroom: Sweet Violet. living room: Lilac Blossoms.

2) what i am currently reading: the book of Exodus. yes, in the Bible. i am on a "program" to read the entire Bible in one year's time. i'm sure i've read or heard a good portion of it between going to church my entire life & attending a Lutheran school from nursery school through eighth grade, but i felt like it needed to be read in chronological order, the way it is written, instead of just in random bits & pieces. so? i am. and also, this month's Real Simple magazine.

3) newest music i added my playlist: "Why Don't You and I," Santana with Chad Kroger. "Into the Night," Santana with Chad Kroger. "Let's See How Far We've Come," Matchbox 20. "Upside Down," Jack Johnson. "You're Gonna Miss This," Trace Adkins. "Answer," Sarah McLachlan. "Anywhere," Evanescence.

4) movies i saw: Vantage Point. Castaway. The Ten Commandments. American Gangster. The Brave One.

5) something yummy i made this month: i haven't been very adventurous with my cooking this month. the stuffed shells i made on Easter were very yummy though!

6) the last place i ate out: lol... Wendy's. ask me again in a week & i will have all sorts of better answers though! of course.

7) something that made me cry: me. i make me cry. because i am a girl. and sometimes not a very smart one.

8) something that made me laugh: this photo that Pocklock shared on Twitter

9) something i looked forward to this month: getting to see Gosia, Neil & Seamus, and my friend Robin's family at WDW! and the start of baseball season -- finally!!

10) something i am thankful for: how about a bunch of little things? post it notes. Girl Scout cookies. orange blossoms.

11) something i want to remember about this month: on Good Friday, as we exited the church in darkness & total silence, there was a seven-foot cross (with nail-sized holes in it) and a basket of nails. we were encouraged to stop & place a nail into the cross. talk about a powerful visual. we talk about how it was for us and how it was our sinful nature that crucified Christ, but to physically place a nail in a cross really drove it home...

12) a photo i took this month:

6 with their own thoughts:

Debi Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:16:00 AM  

#7...oh my gosh, but isn't that the truth?!!

Doing the taxes made me cry, too. Really.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:02:00 AM  

#11? Just WOW!!! I'm a Catholic and a very spiritual person and have even taken part in a living stations of the cross with original music written by a family friend that moved me to tears more than once, but the "powerful visual" you spoke about moved me to chills!!! Just WOW!!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:38:00 AM  

Great shots!!!

Ok, I want to hear about where and what you eat soon, gotta be better than Wendy's! I know you're going to love baseball season opening up :)

Have a great day and week!

Ingrid Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:51:00 PM  

Wow, I'm surprised more churches don't do that with the cross. That really would be a powerful thing to experience.

I love Jack Johnson! I need more of him on my playlist!

gail@more than a song Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:55:00 AM  

It's April already, how did that happen!
I decided I'd use my Daily Walk bible that covers the whole bible in a year and was reading in Samuel last month...then I went out of town last week and now I'm behind again!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:56:00 PM  

Debi: I never mind doing my taxes because I always get a return. I get mine done within a few days of getting my W-2 in the mail.

LFm: It was unlike *anything* I have ever experienced. Just... made it very personal & made you think.

Stacy: I will be sure to share my dinner adventures after they happen! =)

Ingrid: After going to church for 31 years, I have never seen a church do that before. That is the first Jack Johnson song I have listened too but I definitely need to check out some more of his stuff!

Gail: I have no idea how it already got to be April. None at all. Poof!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP