Tuesday, April 15, 2008

of princes and princesses and other sweet delights

when Heather was in Florida, one of the things we did was dinner with Cinderella (the one at the Grand Floridian, not the one in the Castle). the food was good (an all you can eat buffet) but the highlight was... photo ops, of course!








and dessert. ;-)

11 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:54:00 PM  

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that meal is the best one that little girl has ever had.

Nice pictures, Dawn.

justem Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:08:00 PM  

So fun!! Did I ever tell you that I have friend who was Tinkerbell and Mickey and Minnie at Disney?? She's like this itty bitty tiny girl!

Lisa Carroll Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:13:00 PM  

Aww! What a fun time you all had! :) And I'm drooling over that dessert... mmmmm!

Isn't it amazing how they get people who look *exactly* like the characters in their movies?! I mean, Cinderella is pretty easy... she's just really pretty and all. But DANG! Those step-sisters look *identical* to the ones in the movie! I know make-up has a lot to do with it, but there's something to be said about the actors' complexions, bone structure, etc. I wonder if they just do casting calls... "All those who look like wicked Anastasia's twin sister, sign up here:" LOL!

You know, that probably IS what they do, duhhh. Nevermind me. :P

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:05:00 PM  

SO fun! What awesome pictures. :-)
Do you think really BIG kids can go to this breakfast? LOL

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:17:00 PM  

Ted: The content totally makes the photos, even though I was forced to use a flash against my will. LOL!

Em: I know a little about their casting rules. I know that characters have to meet certain specifications. Height & such. She must have been *very* tiny to be Tink! Did she ever have to be the Tink that flies from the Castle??

Lisa: LOL! That is exactly what they do. It's crazy how much alike all the Wendys, Peter Pans, Snow Whites, etc look. I mean they cannot *possibly* be all the same one in every park all the time. But you would think they were. I do have to say that they have a bad habit of casting some not-so-cute Auroras though. =P

April: You can *totally* go to that dinner! (It's a dinner by the way. Wouldn't want you to expect breakfast.) If you want to attend, just make sure you call Disney Dining for your reservations (wouldn't be a bad idea for getting ressies for your whole honeymoon for the places that you *really* want to eat actually & I would do that sooner rather than later) because you'll be there at a busier time of year. But yes, I have been to more than one character meal with just adults!

Jeanne Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:42:00 PM  

Aww what great pictures. The desserts look decadent and delicious! RYC: lol it's the cheeks, looks like she's got some nuts stored in there.

Colleen Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:06:00 PM  

Dawn- Um, Prince Charming, totally looks like a Price Charming! Hello He's hot!

Mom Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:09:00 PM  

Oh that looks like so much fun I had no idea they did tha there I thought it was only at teh castle. I need to check in with you the next time we fo to FL so i get all the inside scoop.

gail@more than a song Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:57:00 PM  

What fun! Those character meals are the best and they always amaze me because they stay so "in character"
The expressions on a couple of them are priceless.

Rooster Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:06:00 PM  

Dawn,

We went to DW about 2 years ago. One of my goals was to get a kiss from as many Disney Princesses as possible. Unfortunately, I only got one - from Cinderella herself! We had dinner in Cinderella's castle and she showed up - got a nice photo of the kiss (on the cheek). She was very afraid Prince Charming would find out.

BTW, my sister and her family are moving to Orlando this summer - they will be teaching at a school there - I forget the name - it is about 4 miles due north by north east of the Magic Kingdom. Any tips I can pass on?

Debi Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:21:00 PM  

Oh, how positively sweet! That had to be an absolutely magical evening!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP