Thursday, April 10, 2008

it's not the loss that worries me

i think there were a few too many walks (and runs) given up by Lestah; may have to change his nickname to Jekyll & Hyde if he keeps up this habit of alternating good & bad games.

dear Lestah:

(click it to enlarge for easier viewing. go ahead, i'll wait.)
and also:


there was a botched double play when Lugo bobbled a ball, and later hit into a double play eliminating the two runners on with the Sox down two runs, then getting picked off himself, responsible for all three outs in the home half of the fourth. this negates anything good he may or may not have actually accomplished during other parts of this game. which is still my point: he does good things (occasionally) & then immediately finds ways to *undo* them.

i know Youk took a hit in, what appeared to be, his chest, but thankfully he was able to stay in the game. he also managed to recover, snag the ball & tag the base for the out before allowing himself to react to the pain. the man is hardcore. perhaps he gets his power from the Face Beast, something like Samson's hair? (sorry, folks, but you need to know your Bible stories to get that reference.)


confirmed that David Aardsmer (as introduced by Remy) wears his socks properly.

it looks as though hitting in Fenway agrees with Sean Casey.

Corey did not exactly make a compelling bid to not be the one sent down when Timlin gets activated, hopefully this evening after the game. of the three likely candidates (Corey, Aardsma, Lopez), it's his performances that are alarming me the most. right now.

it's not really baseball season until Julian plunks a batter to load the bases. to his credit, he didn't give up a run.

the Tigers finally pulled off a win. it was bound to happen eventually. kinda wish they had waited til they got to Chicago & gotten it against the Other Sox, but that's just the way it goes.

however, all i can think about is my Lowell is broken. listed as day-to-day with a sprained left thumb after he rolled over his gloved hand making a diving play on the first batter of the game.
::whimper::

(all photos courtesy of the Boston Herald)

4 with their own thoughts:

JMP Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:48:00 AM  

Can't figure out Lester either.....
Felt he would do much better than he did.

Dawn, Lugo is trying..trying our patience !!!

Injuries are rearing their ugly heads... and there is a long way to go.

Good news is the season is young!
CHIN UP GAL!!!

Its a super day here in central FL....why don't you feign sickness and go play at Disney for the rest of the day?????

Ted D Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:22:00 PM  

Dawn, I can't find it but Rob Bradford wrote a piece for the Boston Hearald on Lester today; made me feel better.

I'm staying out of the Lugo fray today! And Mike Lowell is not like us mere mortals: it wouldn't surprise me if he's back at 3rd tomorrow night.

Casey swings a sweet bat, doesn't he?

Brian in Oxford Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:58:00 AM  

Hey yeah, did you mail Mikey some cookies?

I don't trust Lester, so I'm not looking for Mo' Lester out there....

Buchholz? Not sure, either.

1.5 back, not so bad....last place, kinda bad...

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:08:00 AM  

JMP: I am telling you Jekyll & Hyde with Lestah. The theory will be proven in this next start he makes. If it's a good one, then we'll know what to expect from now on. I cannot believe I am going to say this but I was at WDW all last weekend, and I think I am ready to just stay home. LOL! Love the parks & loved my company but I am just not used to being out that much!

Ted: I don't dislike Lestah so much as I don't like every other start that he makes. When he's on, he's great but when he's not? ::gulp:: And he doesn't have the knuckleball excuse. Much as I miss my Lowell, I am really enjoying the chance to see what Casey can do. He is impressing me on both sides of the ball! =) I like that kind of insurance.

Brian: Didn't you see him laughing on the bench last night?? That was because he got the best cookies *evah* and he's not sharing with anyone. ;-) I am willing to cut Clay a little slack. He didn't too terribly, especially against the EE in the rain. But I want to see him settle down soon. I also want to see back-to-back wins bnow to close out this series. I figured we would lose to Wang and I figured we stood a good chance of losing with Clay on the hill, so I am glad we got both of those out of the way in the same game. Maybe that was the plan? ::crosses fingers::

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP