Thursday, April 10, 2008

bagged

ok so like forever ago, April tagged me. i had some friends visiting in the area (photos of that coming soon!) & haven't been around much lately, but i've been meaning to get to this. i was going to wait til i got home today, but the way *that's* been going, putting it off seemed like not so much the best idea if i was ever going to get this done. so i whipped out my camera right here at my desk & decided to risk everyone here thinking i am crazy. (i know at least one of you has a comment right at the tip of your tongue. you just keep your opinions to yourself. =P yes, *you*.)

the whole idea is that you share a peek into your purse. first, i should state that my lack of interest in shoes also spills over into purses. second, i don't exactly carry a purse. i prefer to use a bag because half the time i carry stuff that wouldn't fit in a purse anyway.

ok, here is the bag. i think it's pretty cute. the palm trees make me smile. they are embroidered. and have i mentioned cute?


let's see what we have in here, shall we? (i promise to spare you the tampons, but really? i *am* a woman, so their existence shouldn't be that much of a shock.) kinda hard to see in there. i know! let's make a bigger scene by pulling it all out!


we have some Advil LiquiCaps, a supply of Band-aids, some little alcohol pads for keeping the glasses clean (*hate* smudges on my glasses!), Purell, a Shout wipe (can i just tell you how many times i have been a hero for having one of these handy?), Kleenex, Soft Lips (vanilla of course!) and some oil-absorbing sheets which may be one of my favorite beauty inventions *evah*...


...and here we have a photo CD that i need to return to Heather (oops forgot to do that Monday night at dinner), these little Post-It flags (that come in so freaking handy!), a very special set of keys and in that baggie is my emergency "i feel a cold coming on" survival kit consisting of Halls Defense Vitamin C drops & some Cold-Eeze zinc lozenges -- because unless you launch an immediate strike at the first hint of a symptom, this method of germ warfare just does not work as well. (not sick now, just like to be prepared in the event that i need it.)


then there is the ever-present daily planner, a pen, my wallet, sunglasses (tucked safely in their case), my driver's license (which was floating around inside my bag unattended for some reason but is now safely tucked back into its spot in my wallet), my keys, my cell phone & two lists.


and finally, today the bag is housing my camera bag, which needed to come to work with me so that i could use it for something you will find here tomorrow. ;-)


as per usual, i am not tagging anyone to play, but by all means, play along if you want to & let me know that you have so i can come snoop through *your* stuff. =P

7 with their own thoughts:

Lisa Carroll Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:55:00 PM  

Okay, that first picture... I about *died*, because I have almost the *exact same things* in my purse - the mini advil bottle, (and liqui-gels are the ONLY way to take medicine of *any* sort - it starts working so much quicker!), the bandaids, the glasses wipes, Kleenex, Shout wipes, and yes, I will absolutely agree, that these C&C oil absorbing sheets are the *BOMB*! Just replace the SoftLips with a tube of gloss and the Purell with Wet Ones antibacterial wipes and we're twins! :D

(I use the wipes instead of Purell to prevent spillage. There's nothing like your purse reeking of alcohol for a week cuz the cap was inadvertently flipped open, thus thoroughly slathering all its contents with sanitizer.) :P

Rhea Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:34:00 PM  

Dawn, you are very well prepared, I'm impressed! I love seeing inside your bag (and the palm trees made me smile!).

Thanks for letting me know you did this, I really enjoyed it!

Colleen Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:53:00 PM  

A few things...
First- I don't carry a purse either. My bag is Just As big as Yours. Only it's brown on the outside and green on the inside with tons of pockets everywhere!

Second- The inside of you purse looks like a drug store.

Third- I have the same pen for my bag.

Done.

{Ãñgê£}ä Saturday, April 12, 2008 11:04:00 PM  

Love the palm trees, and the fact that you have two seperate key chains in your purse - er I mean bag! lol
With that pharmacy in there, it's a good thing you have a bag vs. a purse! :)

I played too!
http://angelas-craziness.blogspot.com/2008/04/bagged-tag.html

~**Dawn**~ Monday, April 14, 2008 10:58:00 AM  

Janet: Isn't it though? ;-)

Lisa: I totally cracked up when I read that! It really is scary how much we are alike!

Rhea: I am well prepared after one too many instances of needing something I didn't have. LOL!

Colleen: It does look like a drugstore. But anyone who is with me will attest that they love that if they need something, chances are I have one! LOL!!

Angela: The best part about the pharmacy is that it all fits neatly in two little pockets! Glad you played along. =)

Anonymous,  Monday, April 14, 2008 4:27:00 PM  

Thank you for playing along, Dawn! I loved this meme!! You are defintiely prepared for any emergency, it seems. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP