Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: March 2009

photo of me

i never wear hats because i think they look funny on me. but i borrowed this one for a while at the game because it was so bright outside that i had to either squint (even with sunglasses on) or spend the game shielding my eyes with my hands.

1) current candle scents: Chrysanthemum. Sweet Violet.

2) what i am currently reading: same two books i've been reading forever now: "America Alone" (Mark Steyn) and "Faithful" (Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King). i'm almost done with "America Alone" though!

3) newest music i added my playlist: just "You Found Me" by The Fray.

4) movies i saw: Inside Man. The Bourne Identity.

5) something yummy i made this month: No-Bake Cheesecake.

6) the last place i ate out: Zaxby's.

7) something that made me cry: no tears shed this month!

8) something that made me laugh: March 1, the sermon at church was about love--all the different kinds of love in our lives, from chocolate & baseball to our loved ones to God's love for His people. i know, i know. what possibly made me laugh? well, Pastor G said he often gets couples who come to him requesting his officiant services for their wedding. he chats with them for a while and always asks how they got to this point in their relationship. the answer is almost always "well...we fell in love" as if it was something that just happened to them completely out of their control, kind of as if they were walking along & suddenly fell into a ditch without any warning, as opposed to a conscious decision made by two people committing their lives to each other. i know it was a serious topic but the mental image of two people just randomly falling into a ditch cracked me up.

9) something i looked forward to this month: a long weekend during which i saw the Sox play a Spring Training game at WDW against the Braves.

10) something i am thankful for: being well taken care of.

11) something i want to remember about this month: that even though i may encounter difficult people during the day, the choice is mine to make how i respond to them. i can either react in kind, perpetuating the poor attitude, or i can act with grace, despite the way they choose to act.

12) a photo i took this month:

5 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:00:00 AM  

Hey -that's a great picture of you!!

Yay for no tears shed in March! Lucky you!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:22:00 AM  

Thank you, Krystyn. I don't know if I was getting ready to say something or just squinting because I was looking up into the sun but I have no clue why that expression is on my face! =P

Janet Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:31:00 PM  

I LOVE #11...it's a tough, but very good thing, to remember!

Debi Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:55:00 PM  

You're kidding, right? 'Cause you look totally adorable in a hat! Wish I could say the same.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:56:00 PM  

Janet: It's something I try to work on every day. And some days it's a lot more work than others. ;-)

Debi: You are *way* to sweet to say that!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP