Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grace in Small Things 72:365

1. being up early enough to see the sunrise.

2. the colors of the sky before the sun actually rises.

3. the way the horses i passed on my way to my hair appointment were standing, noses together, looking like they were whispering.

4. changing up the ratio (slightly) of my darker & lighter highlights & liking the way it turned out.

5. seeing Jed Lowrie hit the first home run at the Mets' new field--a grand slam, no less!--in the last Spring Training game of 2009. i don't care how meaningless the game was in the scope of the season, a grand slam is always exciting and i sure don't mind that the Sox finished up the preseason with some fire in their bats.


Visit Grace in Small Things

8 with their own thoughts:

Samantha Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:01:00 PM  

you have the sunrise. i have the sunset. :)

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:04:00 PM  

I've never seen sunset over the Pacific, but I think the Pacific Ocean is breathtakingly beautiful and I *love* sunsets. I have to imagine that sunset over "your" ocean is positively gorgeous!

RileyScott Monday, April 06, 2009 12:22:00 AM  

"being up before sunrise?"

Ok, I have seen this, and it is lovely, but I hope this was because you stayed up all night, then when to bed, cause otherwise, YIKES, your an early bird!

If you are an early bird, I have to ask, what is that like to be able to wake up every morning, no problem. I am a hard wired night owl, and I need 3 alarms and my wife to wake me up.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, April 06, 2009 1:45:00 PM  

RileyScott: I am both an early bird *and* a night owl! I love being awake when most of the world is still quiet & asleep. Now... 2-5pm? That part of the day is evil. I've never had a hard time waking up. My internal clock goes off after about 6 hours of sleep every day! Unless I'm sick or way behind on sleep for some reason.

RileyScott Monday, April 06, 2009 2:35:00 PM  

What a brilliant genetic gift.

I unfortunately suffer from delayed sleep phase syndrome. What his means is that, unlike the vast majority of individuals, my body wants to sleep from 3am-11am, instead of the usual 10pm-6am. Therefore, I rarely can get more then 4 hours of sleep a night during the work week. Just a little more about me...probably more then you wanted to know, but oh well

Anonymous,  Monday, April 06, 2009 6:51:00 PM  

There's something about the clouds that have been catching my attention lately. It reminds me that there is something bigger than what I see or feel.

amanda Monday, April 06, 2009 9:44:00 PM  

This was very interesting, and very true! People need to take the time in life to enjoy and notice the little things!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:07:00 AM  

RileyScott: What are blogs for if not sharing all kinds of random information about ourselves in whatever style or on whatever topic we happen to choose, right? ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP