Sunday, April 5, 2009

Opening Day 2009

The effect of bat on ball can be explained by physics.

The effect of baseball on America?

That's chemistry, my friend.
(unknown)

...and once again, there is meaningful baseball on my tv.
::deep sigh of contentment::

15 with their own thoughts:

Beneath the Carolina Moon Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:07:00 PM  

Whoa! This was a comment link! Okay, I liked the quote from the previous post from Grey's Anatomy, which I don't watch and frankly I'm glad, because I would fail to notice the significance of a quick glib comment like that quote. I'm glad I stumbled across it. Good luck with the Florida thing... at least you're in the south.

Always a Southern Girl Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:33:00 PM  

I love Baseball and Hooray for opening day.

Always a Southern Girl Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:37:00 PM  

Hi, I just read that you lived in New England and moved to the south. I did the reverse. I lived in the south and moved to Connecticut. Life is always interesting. Love your blog

Enes Monday, April 06, 2009 12:03:00 AM  

we play baseball sometime in our company physical fitness and it helps a lot in teamwork building...

Expressions

RileyScott Monday, April 06, 2009 12:26:00 AM  

"meaningful baseball"

You know what, it's your opening day, I'll leave that one alone, :)

JAM Monday, April 06, 2009 1:06:00 PM  

I'm happy for you.

I wish I liked sports more, but I just don't. I've come to terms with it; like having a big nose or something.

I do love college football, but as a graduate of Louisiana Tech, I have no hope of ever seeing them as national champs, though I do get to see them on TV when they play big teams as season openers or for a big school's homecoming opponent.

In a physics class (at La. Tech), we once had a pop-quiz when half the class didn't show up one friday, where we had to compute the gravitational pull of a baseball at the mound on a batter at the plate. I don't remember the answer but I remember those extra points for getting it right made the difference and I got an A in the course instead of a B by the skin of my teeth.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, April 06, 2009 1:54:00 PM  

Always a Southern Girl: How long have you been in Connecticut? I've been down here for just over seven years now.

RileyScott: Definition of "meaningful baseball" in this case is baseball that actually counts toward the season. ;-) *My* team did not play last night. Only the Braves & Phillies played. My team was supposed to play today. Rained out though. =( Have to wait another day for my Sox.

JAM: So funny that you actually had a real experience that pertained to that quote! I can't imagine not loving baseball & football but then, it's been a part of my life for as far back as I can recall. The fandom anyway. Not the actual playing. ;-)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:34:00 AM  

just to save you the trouble for the rest of the season...

the yankees will win the AL East division but the World Series will be won by the Mets.... sorry i had to break it to you...i foresaw the future and it involved the Mets parading through Manhattan

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:46:00 AM  

Yay - so happy about the start of baseball season! Congrats on being a blog of note. Your banner is just beautiful, as are your photographs on Picassa. And I see you are a Dexter & Fringe fan. Ah, a gal after my own heart!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:01:00 AM  

Vin: We'll see about that. That's why we play 162 games. ;-)

Cottage Cheese: Thank you so much for your kind words! =)Are you a baseball fan as well? I'm going to be so torn when the Sox play at the same time Fringe is on. Thank God for DVR!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP