Friday, February 7, 2014

The One with the Five Freebies

We all know about Ross's "five freebies" -- and if you don't, seriously, sit down and watch some Friends already, for crying out loud -- and of course I think my husband is the cutest, handsomest man ever. But I'd give him five "freebies" and I'm entitled to mine. (Ahem.)

In no particular order...

1. Mike Lowell -- He can just sit there and smile at me. That's all I'd need. It would kill me dead.
2. Blake Shelton -- I love his sarcastic sense of humor. He could just alternately sing to me and make me laugh with snarky remarks.
3. Tom Selleck -- Every time he does an interview with Rachael Ray, I feel like he is just the nicest man ever. And, let's be honest, he is not too hard on the eyes either.
4. Chris Noth -- I am not at all sure what the untraditional appeal is here, but he won me over as Mr Big a thousand years ago.
5. Donnie Wahlberg -- I follow him on Twitter and he is one of the most positive and uplifting people in my entire feed. That kind of enthusiasm for life is captivating. Irony: back when I was a wee lass and New Kids on the Block were all the rage, I couldn't have really cared less about any of them (mainstream pop culture? not this girl!), but I always turned my critical little nose up at Donnie for being so much older and somehow dorkier than the rest. Let this be a lesson to all silly little girl-fools: Those are the ones that will floor you later!

And if I were picking from fictional television characters? (Because speaking of dorks, hi, my name is Dawn.)

1. Hook, Once Upon a Time (Colin O'Donoghue) - Because how can a girl resist a bad boy pirate? (This was a very close race with Bash, from Reign, played by Torrance Coombs and his crazy ice blue eyes.)
2. Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother (Josh Radnor) - Because I am sucker for a lovable, romantic dork.
3. Ichabod Crane, Sleepy Hollow (Tom Mison) - Seriously. I shouldn't even have to explain this. Just look up 'eye candy' in the dictionary.
4. Mr Reese, Person of Interest (James Caviezel) - He has dry humor, looks great in a suit, and always shows up at the right time. To quote Monica Gellar: ummm, ok!
5. Raymond Reddington, The Blacklist (James Spader) - I have been a sucker for Spader since Boston Legal. Red is the perfect combination of power, intelligence, fearlessness, and danger.

********************

My how things have changed:
Five Freebies: version one, 2005.
Five Freebies: version two, 2009.

3 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, February 08, 2014 6:20:00 PM  

omg... I am dying over this idea...
But the only one we would have to fight over is Ichabod... OMG... and can I keep him in his long coat??

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:13:00 PM  

stripeycat: Oh, yes. Period costume for him all the way. ;-) Who else would be on your list?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP