Thursday, February 6, 2014

Currently: February 6, 2014

This week, at the Broken Road house:

Watching... the skies change from grey to blue and back to grey again, as the weather tries to make up its mind. The bank account balance for the arrival of our income tax refund -- we're on the ball when it comes to filing our taxes! The season finale of Top Chef, even though I'm full on sulking over the final two contestants.

Saying... how I feel to certain friends, and yet not the one person who *should* hear it. But you can't choose the people who will listen.

Losing... ground with my technology. My laptop is trying to give up the ghost, though I keep bringing back to life by sheer will and a prayer. It's reached a respectable life expectancy, for a laptop, so I'm not overly annoyed, but I'd like to squeeze every last megabyte out of it first. Of course, this requires diligent and frequent backing up of anything and everything of value. Which wouldn't be a problem, except that my external hard drive is refusing to communicate with any sort of computer approximately half of the time, which makes the backing up process that much more difficult. Also, my entire digital music collection is housed solely on said cranky external drive (well, in addition to my iPod). During one of its lucid moments, I managed to copy all my music on to a thumb drive (whew), and my photos are all safely double-backed-up online. I suppose, with the clock ticking, we can add "sales for laptops and external hard drives" to the list of what we're watching this week. ::sigh:: As long as they don't both bite the dust together, like the little old married couple that they are...

Admiring... the beauty of snowfall from a safe distance. I have no desire to shiver-my-timbers, but gosh, a winter wonderland has a beauty all its own. Something that is likely lost on those who have to shoveling out from under it.

Making... a mess, which goes hand in hand with home improvement projects. It must get messy before it gets better. Also? Brownies. Because my when my typically savory-over-sweet husband requests a sweet treat? I am quick to oblige.

"Currently" is a weekly link-up, hosted by Ot & Et.

2 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:00:00 PM  

My laptop is on the same plan as yours, though thankfully I don't use it for much anymore anyway and have everything backed up that needs backing up.

Brownies!! We are on the same wavelength with that one too...I've made a pan two weeks in a row and that never happens. Yum!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:20:00 PM  

I definitely still use my laptop quite a bit. Not everything is comfortable for me to do on my iPad, plus I edit photos on my laptop and visit websites that use Flash Player, etc etc.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP