Thursday, February 13, 2014

Currently: February 13, 2014

This week, at the Broken Road house:

Shoveling... all manner of tasty eats into my mouth: loaded baked potato soup we had packed in the freezer, broccoli, peanut M&Ms, leftover ravioli from Olive Garden on last weekend's date night.

Ignoring... the fact that I wish I could control the actions of others, because wishing it won't make it so.

Inhaling... rain-soaked air (during the dry season, no less!), candles deliciously scented like evergreen, vanilla and peppermint, words off the pages of a book I enjoyed so much more than I expected to.

Hugging... my husband. Every day. I'm so thankful for his presence in my life. Also, he gives the best hugs.

Throwing... kind words out onto the internet. I don't think there are enough encouraging, uplifting, compassionate words online. Seems everyone takes the anonymity of a screen and keyboard as free license to be cruel and to tear down. I'd rather not be a part of that.

"Currently" is a weekly link-up, hosted by Ot & Et.

2 with their own thoughts:

Kate Pirouette Friday, February 14, 2014 6:33:00 PM  

Wow, your response to throwing is beautiful. How truly lovely of you! More people like you please!

Kate x
Just Pirouette and Carry On...

OT and ET Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:08:00 AM  

Oh goodness I think we are ignoring the same thing! And agree with Kate, there should be more throwers like you.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP