Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: February 2010

photo of me

courtesy of Brandi. we fed giraffes at the Lowry Park Zoo! yay zoo!

1) candle scents i burned this month:
Sparkling Pine. Balsam & Cedar. Mistletoe. Creme Brulee. Mountain Pine. Sparkling Cinnamon. Red Apple Wreath. Sparkling Angel. Hazelnut Coffee. Lakeside Birch.

2) what i am reading this month:
i've had to put my other books on hold for the moment, while i focus on this whole "Bible in 90 Days" project. i am determined to succeed and i have to be honest, sometimes it takes a lot of brain power to get through twelve pages. (hello, books of Numbers, Deuteronomy and Leviticus!) i'm on track though!

3) top three songs i was drawn to:
"Edge of Desire," John Mayer. "I'd Rather Be With You," Joshua Radin. "Some People," LeAnn Rimes.

4) movies i saw:
Edge of Darkness. (not to be confused with "Edge of Desire" from number three. NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.)

5) favorite tv moments of the month:
hearing The Star Spangled Banner play every time the U.S. won a gold medal. watching Evan Lysacek skate in the Men's Figure Skating competition with the same passion i love to see in my favorite baseball & football athletes. the "Jacksonville" episode of Fringe: holy jaw-dropping wow. "Valentine's Day Massacre" (Grey's Anatomy): i'm loving the MerDer storyline this season.

6) something yummy i made:
i've been baking fresh muffins for my mid-morning snack at work. apple spice. triple chocolate chunk. blueberry streusel. *yummy*.

7) restaurants where i ate:
Rainforest Cafe. Longhorn Steakhouse. Macaroni Grill. Wine Exchange.

8) something that made me cry:
that Canadian figure skater, Joannie Rochette, when she skated her short program a few days after her mother's sudden death. so much emotion and strength. i'm pretty sure it was impossible to watch her skate that program & not at least blink hard a couple of times.

9) a goal i had for this month:
to start walking again after work. the weather has not cooperated with this goal. i *want* to walk, but i refuse to do so in the cold rain, so it didn't happen consistently.

10) this month i looked forward to:
pitchers & catchers reporting to Ft Myers. it's a long cold lonely three weeks between the Super Bowl and the start of Spring Training.

11) something that made me laugh:
giraffe tongues. seriously. feed a giraffe some time & you'll see what i mean!

12) a photo i took this month:


and a bonus photo, because i just couldn't choose!

6 with their own thoughts:

Valerie Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:08:00 PM  

oh, I love the tulips. The muffin idea is great! I wonder if that counts as a sweet??

gail@more than a song Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:40:00 PM  

I love giraffes! Don't know why but I do and love your photo!

2..ok, I've fallen off track with my 90 days and gonna start over.
5. Yes! loved hearing it too, loved watching Lysacek...he's gonna be on Dancing with the Stars starting later this month!
6. um, triple chocolate? yes please
8. cried watching her also
10. I know you're ready for baseball!

I heart tulips! Maybe I'll treat myself. :)

Fidgeting Gidget Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:57:00 PM  

So either you're a lot smaller than I thought, or that giraffe has a REALLY big head.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, March 03, 2010 6:06:00 PM  

Great picture of you and the giraffe! Wow, I thought I had a lot of Yankee Candles, but I bow to the queen :) Votive, jar or whatever, that's a lot of scents!

You're making me hungry talking about the muffins. Killing me, really, LOL!

And please, please don't talk about a long lonely three MEASLEY weeks! We don't do baseball so we have months on end before training camp for football season. Thank goodness we still have the Super Bowl on the DVR, someone who shall remain nameless watches some almost every day!!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:37:00 AM  

Valerie: Well... the chocolate one might count as sweets, but they are all whole grain muffin mixes so I am thinking at the very least the blueberry ones wouldn't be classified a sweet. I mean it's a breakfast food, with fruit & whole grains right??

Gail: Thank you! Oh man, starting over? I hope you didn't already read Numbers & Deuteronomy & Leviticus because once through those was MORE than enough! ;-) Tulips are one of my favorite flowers too.

Gidget: They have *really* big heads. LOL! I actually thought the same thing when I saw the photos. You don't realize it as much when you're face to face with them, but when you can compare the heads to an adult, it's crazy!

Stacy: I do have a ton. You know us Libras. ;-) I can never choose, so I stick with votives & buy a whole bunch each season. I wait til I get a good coupon & then I buy a bunch, which I can get away with at $2 each. All my jars were gifts. I usually have a few that are left over when I move on to the next season, so I have some old retired scents still in my stash. Some are very favorites & it's the last one, so I have to use those when I can really enjoy it! You know...you could always pick up a second sport for the NFL off-season. I hear they play baseball all Summer long! ;-)

*krystyn* Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:45:00 AM  

OK, that has got to be the BEST ZOO ever if you can feed the giraffes!! I've been to TONS of zoos but never had this opportunity...looks like I now have yet another reason to go back to Florida!!

I <3 giraffes!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP