Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Stream of Consciousness: March 22, 2010

I am totally burned out on the topics of politics & celebrity infidelity. I am open to discussion on Easter candy, baseball & WDW. For instance, Peanut Butter M&Ms, with their happy speckled pastel shells. What is it about speckling the shells to resemble eggs that makes a candy that much happier? And Cadbury Mini Eggs. And Robin Eggs. Little handfuls of joy. Sometimes, a girl needs to bring out the big guns though: Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I've been loving that there's baseball being played. Yes, it's Spring Training. But it's baseball. Even if it doesn't ultimately matter. Someone should tell the Rays announcers that though. Their glee over talking about the Rays being a game and a half up in the Grapefruit League is so over the top you'd think it was the post season, if you didn't know better. Sure, everyone likes their teams to win, but they understand that their standings in Spring Training don't actually come with any bonuses when regular season starts up in two weeks, right? It has come to my attention that I have not seen Mickey's Philharmagic in a very long time. Trip to Magic Kingdom is imminent. I've tried all kinds of mascaras, from the new formulas released on a bi-weekly basis to the more expensive department store varieties, only to keep coming back to my same old Maybelline Full & Soft--an inexpensive drug store purchase. Go figure. And this, my friends, is what we call a true stream of consciousness, no?

8 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, March 22, 2010 3:38:00 PM  

Hee...I enjoyed reading this one!!! Yay for Easter candy, baseball and trips to the Magic Kingdom!!

I will have to get by with a trip to the Disney Store. :(

ErinSlick Monday, March 22, 2010 3:56:00 PM  

All day, I have been craving a Reeses Egg. Mmmm

Megan Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:43:00 PM  

agreed. good stream of consciousness.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:25:00 PM  

Oh I wish I didn't know about expensive mascara, it's so annoying now that I do. I am using a lancome one and it is good. So good I'm probably not going to throw it away in the time period I should.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:25:00 AM  

K: I love being totally random. ;-)

Erin: I have a whole package of them sitting in my refrigerator right now. Mmmm...

thisgirl: I know about the expensive stuff but it always ends up clumpy or gooey or spidery-looking! For $6, I get long, full, soft lashes & it doesn't flake off or stick. If more money got me better, I would get it, but more expensive just can't compete with the quality!

kreed Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:35:00 PM  

Mmmmmmmmm...mini eggs. Love 'em. I must say I was a little freaked out when I saw Christmas mini eggs this past Christmas since I kind of love having to wait until Easter every year to have them. There is just something not right about being able to get mini eggs and Peeps and Robin Eggs at other times of the year.

Have you tried the lengthening mascaras that have the white, gooey base and then the top coat of mascara? I have tried a couple and I really don't like the way they kind of just blob off with water and then I end up with little sticky clumps all over my face. I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong...

penuttpie Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:31:00 AM  

oh. my. gosh. with the mascara! i found out that my favorite one is no longer made in the us. what kind of bs is that?! so now i'm back to wasting money and trying to find a new one...

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:22:00 AM  

kreed: It totally messes with me when they try to cross holiday-specific candies into other holidays! The *only* one that gets a free pass there are the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs/Hearts/Pumpkins/Trees. I know what you mean with those mascaras! It's like they either clump off or they form a little "tube" around each lash & just slide right off! Give me my $6 drug store mascara over that *any* day!

G: I *hate* when they discontinue one of my products! The search for a replacement is an endless horrible task.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP