Sunday, March 21, 2010

20 Questions: March 21, 2010

1. What movie villain scared you as a child?
The Wicked Witch of the West. And her flying monkeys. And those trees that threw apples at Dorothy. (For real. My grandparents had these two maple trees just behind the house, between the immediate backyard and the rest of their property, and as a small child I would freeze, petrified, and refuse to pass by them for fear they would grab me.)

2. Name 3 things you can't do without lately:
A handful of Easter candy after dinner. Having my windows wide open. My Boston Legal DVDs.

3. Do you take vitamins?
Only on days that I feel my food intake hasn't provided me with a healthy balance of them naturally.

4. How much of your family history do you know?
Not as much as I wish I did. I should have paid better attention to all those old stories...

5. What everyday thing do you find utterly magical?
My DVR. How did I ever survive??

6. What color is your couch?
Blue with some green-ish thread woven in.

7. How many phone numbers do you still know by heart?
Ha. I know my work number (and fax). And my land line and cell numbers. That's about it. Unless you count my childhood home phone number and my grandparents' phone number, neither of which do me an ounce of good anymore.

8. What is the best way to beat the Summer heat?
Stay inside. Where it's air conditioned.

9. What website do you spend the most time on?
I almost always have the same three websites open in my browser tabs: my email, my Google Reader and Facebook.

10. How many songs are on your iPod?
776.

11. Have you ever flown first class?
Never. You know what about it appeals to me the most? Not having to worry if there will be enough room to stow my luggage in the overhead compartments.

12. Do you read the comments others have left on a blog or Facebook post before you?
To a point. I mean, if there are forty comments there already, probably not.

13. What is the furthest trip you've ever taken by car?
Connecticut to Florida, the day I moved here. Seventeen hours and some odd minutes.

14. What is the oldest item in your freezer?
A package of chicken, I believe. It's about four months old.

15. When do you iron: all at once after doing your laundry? On an as-needed basis? Never?
As needed. I gave up ironing too far in advance, because it turns out I will likely need to press the item again before wearing it anyway.

16. What color are your toenails usually?
I like warmer, shimmery, semi-neutral tones most of the time. Which isn't to say that I don't sometimes opt for a more noticeable pop of color.

17. When did you last see fireworks?
January 30. At EPCOT. With Nichole and Daniel.

18. What do you love most about where you currently live?
"Winter." Orange blossoms (which have been holding out on me WHEREAREYOU???). Disney World.

19. What makes you follow a particular blog?
It needs to "draw me in." That might be through the writing or the photography or a common interest. It needs to make me laugh. Or feel. Or inspire me. And nothing is more disappointing than a really great post that ends up being nothing but an aberration.

20. Have you ever seen a Broadway show?
I've seen three, actually. Phantom of the Opera. Miss Saigon. The Scarlet Pimpernel.

2 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, March 22, 2010 11:34:00 AM  

1) I was afraid of the same things in that movie.

9)I wish I could have all those open all the time but my poopy PC at work won't handle it AND I have to be ready for super to walk in at any time, especially lately! Ugh!

11) I was "accidentally" placed in 1st class on my return trip from Italy...best timing EVER!

14) What do you plan to do with that chicken? LOL!!

18) So wishing I was there!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:22:00 AM  

K:
1) That movie was terrifying! And yet I looked forward to it airing every year. LOL!

9) Mine is maxed out with that. At least I don't have to worry about anyone looking over my shoulder. No one here cares.

11) I believe that kind of accident is known as serendipity!!

14) Ummm... forget about it again, most likely. Which means eventually toss it because it has freezer burn.

18) Me too!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP