Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Want Wednesday: March 31, 2010

**I Want to sniff the "Summer Vanillas" from Bath & Body Works! Maybe one of them could be my occasional Summer stand-in for my usual Vanilla Bean Noel, so that I can make my stash last til Christmas?


**I Want the orange blossoms to bloom already!! Where the heck *are* they?! -- edit to add: I finally smelled a hint of them while I walked tonight!!

**I Want to find a real farmers market to buy my produce, but they are all too far away (as in minimum an hour drive) or not truly locally grown. If I wanted it to come from Mexico or Guatemala, I can get *that* right at the grocery store. I miss that about Connecticut. There was an actual organization (my Gramp belonged to it) of farmers that sold produce grown *only* in Connecticut, and they had markets in about five different towns, each on a specific day of the week from June through October.

8 with their own thoughts:

Samantha Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:14:00 AM  

regarding farmers markets: you'd love san diego, too, because i can go to a different farmers market any day of the week, any week of the year. i could probably hit up two different ones on some days, too, if i was that ambitious!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:17:00 AM  

Samantha: I am wicked jealous of that! I grew up eating produce straight from the garden & the orchard, thanks to my Gramp, and the garbage you buy in the store just cannot compete. Those fresh strawberries on Saturday reminded me of that.

Janet Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:55:00 PM  

We have it June thru October here too...I just wish the temps would allow a longer growing season!

penuttpie Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:03:00 PM  

i smelled them recently (the bbw scents) and they definitely weren't my fav. however...i will say that the tahiti something or other was delish!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, April 02, 2010 9:58:00 AM  

Janet: And we have a nice long growing season but no local markets!! ACK!

G: Hmmm... I was hoping Vanilla Coconut would be Summery & good. I like to have vanilla incorporated somehow. It's like my signature! ;-)

Samantha Friday, April 02, 2010 7:06:00 PM  

you know what disturbs me about grocery store produce? when i cook, it's typically for 2 people. but grocery stores only sell gargantuan-sized veggies... onions as big as softballs, peppers the size of melons. it's like the produce is hopped up on steroids. :(

Chele76 Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:29:00 AM  

is it my imagination, or does that add look like something that came out of 1987? lol

~**Dawn**~ Friday, April 09, 2010 8:50:00 AM  

Samantha: Now my grocery store has normal *sized* produce but they insist on packaging it in quantities that cooking for two people just cannot use before it spoils!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP