Sunday, March 14, 2010

20 Questions: March 14, 2010

1. First movie quote to pop into your head right now:
Reporter at Spring Training: Where do the Sox rank in terms of importance in your life?
Ben: I say the Red Sox... sex... and breathing.
(Fever Pitch)

2. What was your fourth grade teacher's name?
Mrs. Raap.

3. Have you ever been to Denver?
Only if being in the airport counts. And that was also one pain-in-the-rear airport. It's one long strip, which means if your gate numbers are far apart, they are *really* far apart.

4. What is your favorite movie whose title begins with the letter C?
Maybe "Coyote Ugly"?

5. What do you think is one of the worst television shows ever created?
Not counting reality shows... (I'm sure I will be crucified for this) LOST. I hate tv shows that hurt my brain to watch them.

6. What do you recommend?
Not catching the Norovirus. And if someone does catch it, bleach everything you own. If you can't bleach it, Lysol III it. Take my word for it. And if you don't take mine, take Troy's.

7. What is your favorite kind of nut to snack on?
Cashews. Unless I'm at a ball game, then peanuts. *In* the shell. (But not boiled peanuts. Yuck.)

8. What kind of wedding did you have--or if you've never been married, what kind of wedding do you dream of having?
I used to want the fairy tale. Now? ::shrugs:: I want the one that means it's real. I guess that means I grew up...?

9. What is the most beautiful place you have ever seen?
The Catskill Mountains in the Autumn. Or Fenway Park.

10. What color are your toenails painted?
::hangs head in shame:: They aren't. It's not sandal weather for me quite yet. I promise they are properly groomed though!

11. What's the last thing you ordered online?
Daniel's birthday gift. I got him a "official" Belichick hoodie.

12. By noon, I’m usually:
Half-starved. I eat breakfast early so I am always very ready for lunch.

13. What is your favorite kind of gum?
Extra Wintergreen.

14. What color "grass" in the Easter basket?
Green! Preferably made of pale green paper. That plastic stuff is maddening. And I have always hated all the random colors. Who ever heard of bright pink grass??

15. What's for dinner tonight?
I had some pasta & some broccoli. I didn't feel much like cooking, so I went easy.

16. What is the last spice you used when cooking?
Ummm... I didn't cook much last week, what with the getting over The Ick & all. And what I did make wasn't very spicy. I'm going to guess it was Montreal Steak Seasoning some time the week before last.

17. How many varieties of mustard are in your refrigerator right now?
Just one. Grey Poupon Dijon. There will likely be a second coarse grain variety in there later this week. I need that one specifically for a recipe on the menu.

18. Zoo or museum?
I love a good museum...but I get to feed giraffes at the zoo! I can't choose. It's just too hard. You're going to have to pick for me.

19. Favorite cracker?
Anything wheat really. I like the flavor of it with cheese.

20. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
My jeans. I wear a pair almost every day.

11 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:21:00 PM  

No LOST? Blasphemy! ;)

Just kidding, Dawn. I've watched every episode and I still don't know what is going on.

Hope all is well!

Megan Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:36:00 PM  

my toenails aren't painted either. in fact i'm just growing all of my toenails back to paint. they're still kind of funny looking, but i think i can pull off paint...but i'll havr to do it myself, i'd be far to embarrassed to get a pedicure.

Reverend Ref + Monday, March 15, 2010 9:41:00 AM  

How about:

#4 - "Crimson Tide"

#18 - Depends on the season. Cold mid-winter, the museum; warm summer day, the zoo.

I could probably do the rest, but I'm lazy.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 15, 2010 10:11:00 AM  

Ted: That show just makes *no* sense to me. The whole thing just leaves my head all tangled up & then I can't sleep. =P

Megan: I can't get a professional pedicure either. My feet are way too ticklish. I do my own.

Rev: Great call on #18, except for me, it would be reversed. Unless I was visiting somewhere else. ;-)

Fidgeting Gidget Monday, March 15, 2010 11:46:00 AM  

Reads the response to #5, gasps, clutches heart.... :)

Yes, it makes your brain hurt, but it's so awesome. You have to watch it from the beginning to be able to enjoy it, though. I love it because it's just so complex and there are so many different references to other things....

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 15, 2010 11:52:00 AM  

Gidget: I did watch it from the beginning (or rather I lived with someone who did). It took me about three episodes to decide I couldn't take it. I do not ever want to work that hard to watch tv! LOL! I said the same thing about Heroes too. I watch tv to relax, not suffer a brain hemorrhage, trying to understand what the heck is happening! ;-)

Valerie Monday, March 15, 2010 12:47:00 PM  

mmmm I love Cashews! All your quiz things are so fun!

Nichole M Monday, March 15, 2010 12:55:00 PM  

2. Ms. Voskil. She was one mean lady.

6. Sweetarts jellybeans. About a thousand times better than normal jellybeans.

7. Peanuts or almonds. Toss up.

8. It was small and slightly on a budget, but we splurged on the things that were important to us. Like having a choir sing at Mass. And the cake... chocolate raspberry truffle... from the same bakery that did John and Jackie's wedding cake back in the day. And fur to accessorize my dress.

9. Yosemite.

10. Me too! Will be remedied this week.

13. not a gum person so much.

14. we usually do the natural colored stuff... but i like pale green paper. a change may be in order.

15. I dunno... ask the chef!

16. Cinnamon when baking??

17. Two? not really sure.

19. reduced fat wheat thins or cheezits.

20. my chinos from the Loft. SO comfy.

Daniel James,  Monday, March 15, 2010 2:06:00 PM  

I feel like Lost is a bad version of Millennium. I hope that the two episodes of Millennium we watched together didn't make your brain hurt, Dawn. ;-)

*krystyn* Monday, March 15, 2010 10:48:00 PM  

just checking the email follow up box since it didn't offer it to me when I left my 1st comment.

*krystyn* Monday, March 15, 2010 10:48:00 PM  

I am jealous that you get to wear jeans to work every day...there's just one more reason to hate my job today!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP