Wednesday, February 24, 2010

observation: afternoon snack.

these...


...taste convincingly like these...


...even though the former lacks the frosting & cream filling found in the latter. and believe me, i am a connoisseur of the latter. i am not easily swayed. and the former are cheaper, fresher and provide me with 12% of my recommended daily fiber intake--thank you 100% whole grain muffin mix, i suppose! (neither are great if you're counting calories, but let's be honest: if you're eating either of these tasty treats, it's not because you're in the mood for a healthy snack of carrot sticks. and the Hostess one has fewer calories, for the record. that wasn't on my criteria for snack decision though. just being truthful.) mostly though? they just taste really really good.

for the record, no one is reimbursing me for this observation, either in cash or snacks. i'd gladly take either though. in case you were wondering.

4 with their own thoughts:

Brandi Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:34:00 AM  

This is seriously the funniest post I have read - anywhere online - all week! I just laughed so hard that I started crying!! Love it!

And while I am not reimbursing you in cash or snacks, isn't a good belly laugh pretty darn good? :-P

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:01:00 AM  

Brandi: Generating laughter is 100% worth it! And your comment just returned the favor. ;-)

Daniel James,  Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:04:00 PM  

I don't know... your logic is compelling and I trust your judgment but I just don't see how the lack of sweet creamy white filling could be overlooked when eating the "former." That processed, not-found-in-nature white goo adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the whole cupcake eating experience...

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 26, 2010 2:01:00 PM  

Daniel: You know what does it? The muffins are *so* moist. It doesn't taste *exactly* the same, but I was totally satisfied after having one.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP