Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Right Now: February 16, 2010

I am thinking... of taking my Tuesday post in a new direction. (clearly.)

I am thankful for... my employment. even when they drive me to drink.

From the kitchen... kielbasa, pierogies & sauerkraut.

I am wearing... jeans and a red & white striped sweater.

I am creating... a sense of calm for myself.

I am going... to put away my clean laundry while i watch the Olympics.

I am reading... four different books right now. although it's mostly reading one, while the others wait in various stages of completion.

I am hoping... that my internet might actually be fixed, but it's only been three days, and my connectivity issues have been known to play possum for up to a week, only to return with a vengeance.

I am hearing... the news, but i'm only half-listening for stories that haven't been beaten to death by the media for months interest me.

Around the house... you can find my happy little "Valentines" decorations mixed in with my standard Winter ones. the little pops of red & pink make me cheerful.

One of my favorite things... is red tulips. i have a small pot with a couple blooming in it, sitting on my window ledge.

A few plans for the rest of the week... include attending the Ash Wednesday service tomorrow evening, and going to dinner & a movie on Saturday.

A picture to share...

(from the Epcot archives)

------------------------------------

i've seen this particular "meme" (and several variations of it) appear on many different blogs. Jeanne posts it pretty regularly. i thought i would give it a try in place of a weekly installment of A Picture's Worth, to allow that one's creativity to remain free from the pressure of scheduled posting. it might stick, it might not, but i don't know if i don't try.

7 with their own thoughts:

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 19, 2010 1:26:00 PM  

Some days it's far easier than others, Janet. Hope you find some calm soon!

Anonymous,  Friday, February 19, 2010 4:28:00 PM  

you've got me stuck on kielbasa, pierogies, and sauerkraut... can I ask how you prepare them all together... my German tastebuds are all a drool...

~**Dawn**~ Monday, February 22, 2010 9:22:00 AM  

Keri: I wish I could say I make it from scratch or something, but I really just boil the kielbasa & then add it to the warmed kraut, serving the pierogies on the side with some sour cream. I just use Hillshire Farms kielbasa, Claussen sauerkraut (found in the refrigerated pickles area) and Mrs T's mini potato & cheese pierogies (in the freezer section)--I boil them first, then saute them in butter to brown & crisp them up.

Jeanne Monday, February 22, 2010 9:04:00 PM  

I really like this meme. It's a great way to share a view of life 'right now'. I enjoy looking back at them and seeing what was going on in my head at the time. Glad you're doing it!

Valerie Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:17:00 PM  

I like this post a lot!! I may have to steal it one day :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP