Sunday, February 14, 2010

20 Questions: February 14, 2010

1. What are three things that you are looking forward to?
meeting K for the first time in less than three weeks! going to the zoo with Brandi. the start of Spring Training.

2. What is your favorite kind of tree?
hmmm... at first i was going to say "birch" because it reminds me of my Gram & Gramp's front yard. then i was going to say "orange" because their blossoms are one of my most favorite scents on earth. i finally settled on "Christmas" because nothing makes me happier than a Christmas tree glowing happily.

3. What is the newest thing you own?
i got a couple of new placemats for Spring from Target this morning.

4. If I do anything well, it’s:
navigate a Disney park. i think i could maneuver my way through three of the four with my eyes closed. (i don't spend as much time in Hollywood Studios as i do the other three.)

5. What is your favorite dessert?
i like stuff that is hot-cold contrast: warm brownie or pie with a scoop of ice cream. i also really like cheesecake.

6. Do you use a planner?
i do. it is my personal bible. you would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands to take it away from me.

7. What is your all-time favorite tv comdey?
Friends. Big Bang Theory runs a very close second though.

8. What is your current obsession?
much to my chagrin, i am still loving FarmVille and Cafe World on Facebook. those games are so silly--i *know* they are silly--but i enjoy the mindless activity. it's relaxing.

9. Three signs Spring is here:
orange blossoms. baseball. positively perfect weather arrives in Florida.

10. Do you balance your checkbook or wing it?
the phrase "wing it"--especially in relation to my bank account--causes me to break out in hives. i balance my checkbook. to.the.penny. i know you're rolling your eyes, because you watch your bank balance online, you check it daily, you don't even own a checkbook anymore. i still choose to balance mine. a) i still have to write some checks, for instance, rent. therefore, i still have a checkbook. 2) i get some satisfaction from putting pencil (never pen in the checkbook! NEVER!) to paper & having the numbers balance out perfectly--to the penny! (there may or may not be a victory dance following.) D) banks make errors & i choose to record my spending in my checkbook, then make sure what the bank shows online matches what i've penciled in, because even if they're off by a dime? i earned that dime & i want it back. plus, things happen: natural disasters, power goes out, servers crash. my checkbook is in my penny-pinching little hand.

11. What kind of grapes do you prefer?
green. seedless. cold.

12. What is your favorite store-bought cookie?
Oreos. either the classic or the vanilla cookie with vanilla filling.

13. What was your fifth grade teacher's name?
Mrs Moll. (pronounced like 'mall'.)

14. High school was:
four years long. it was kind of a neutral experience for me. i didn't hate it but i don't want to relive it either.

15. Describe your dream kitchen.
ohhhhh... big, as in, gigantic. open. airy. lots of natural light. plenty of cabinet, drawer & counter space. a large double sink. whisper-quiet dishwasher. a double-decker built-into-the-wall oven. an enormous refrigerator (and a second freezer for storage elsewhere). either a bar with stools, or an alcove with windows and a round table, for eating. a walk-in pantry. a desk spot. maybe an island. some shelves for cookbooks. and a spot that would fit a china cabinet that had windowed doors for displaying special pieces. i'm not sure of the colors, but the wood would be a natural color (no paint or crazy stains!) and the accent colors *might* be a warm red (surprise, surprise), a tan & white.

16. What was the last thing you purchased?
groceries. you want specifically? i believe it was either the eggs or the newspaper that was rung up last.

17. How many of your friendships have lasted more than a decade?
wow... Heather, Chele & Gosia, i guess? there are a few that aren't *quite* there yet, but close. and a few people with whom i have re-connected via Facebook that would qualify as more than a decade, at least that i've known them.

18. Are there times when you still feel like a kid?
yes. YES. sometimes it blows my mind that i am a full-fledged adult. most of the time i feel like a kid, still playing house.

19. What teacher from high school comes to mind first?
Ms Norton. she really left a memorable impression.

20. What magazines do you read?
Real Simple. Everyday with Rachael Ray. Redbook. Good Housekeeping. Better Homes & Gardens (some serious eye candy for me!).

5 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, February 15, 2010 5:06:00 PM  

Yay for being under the 3 week mark!!! It will FLY by! I can't wait to get there!! Oh and I can't wait to feel better too!!

Nichole M Monday, February 15, 2010 5:10:00 PM  

2. can I say money tree?

5. I had pizookie on Saturday. totally meant to take a picture, but forgot. :-P

12. mint milanos

13. Sr. Gloria. She had blue tinted glasses to match her habit that freaked me out.

18. Sometimes. Although it's happening less and less with all that's going on. I hope it doesn't go away for good.

Defiant Princess Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:14:00 AM  

Hey! I love these 20 Questions posts! From where'd you get the questions? Make them yourself?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:13:00 AM  

K: It's getting so close! I am so excited! =)

Nichole:
2. Sure you can! It might be the one thing that could trump the Christmas tree. Especially if I could decorate mine!

5. I almost never remember to photograph desserts. I missed them at both Thanksgiving and Christmas, even after remembering to catch the whole rest of the meals!

Defiant Princess: The inspiration is everywhere. Old "email surveys" I cherry-picked the best questions from. Random stuff that pops into my head. Something I happen to be reading. All over the place really.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP