Monday, February 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: January 2010

photo of me


1) candle scents i burned this month:
North Pole. Welcome Christmas. Christmas on the Beach. Mountain Pine. Hazelnut Coffee. Red Berry & Cedar. Christmas Cupcake. Jack Frost. White Christmas. Hollyberry. Christmas Cookie. Christmas Wreath. Sparkling Snow.

2) what i am reading this month:
I Heard That Song Before (Mary Higgins Clark). Watching Baseball:Discovering the Game Within the Game (Jerry Remy & Corey Sandler). Joy in Mudville: The Bog Book of Baseball Humor (Mort Gerberg). The Bible in 90 Days: Cover to Cover in 12 Pages a Day (my church is doing this as a whole congregation. we started on January 1.)

3) top three songs i was drawn to:
"Laughed Until We Cried: by Jason Aldean. "Lucky" by Jason Mraz with Colbie Caillat. "Ain't No Sunshine" by Kris Allen.

4) movies i saw:
It's a Wonderful Life. The Wedding Planner.

5) favorite tv moments of the month:
the Cardinals winning on Wild Card Weekend in OT on a fumble-recovery touchdown--awesome game! classic Favre Touchdown Joy, as exhibited in the Vikings-Cowboys Division Playoffs game. the episode of The Big Bang Theory (The Bozeman Reaction) where Leonard & Sheldon's apartment is broken into: "I am the master of my bladder." Men of a Certain Age Go With the Flow--seriously made me laugh *so* hard.

6) something yummy i made:
Winter Vegetable and Bean Soup with Pesto.

7) restaurants i ate at:
Biergarten (EPCOT - twice). Tokyo Dining (EPCOT). The Wave (Disney's Contemporary Resort Hotel). Il Mulino (The Swan on Disney's Boardwalk). Rose & Crown (EPCOT). Ling's Chinese Buffet.

8) something that made me cry:
all the images of Haiti. so much pain and destruction. and yet still, so many video segments of rescued people being pulled from rubble, singing joyfully. there are a lot of humbling lessons to be learned.

9) a goal i had for this month:
to construct a new framework for my blog now that my Grace in Small Things year-long challenge has been completed.

10) this month i looked forward to:
spending some time with Nichole & Daniel at WDW.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
how refreshing the two-week-long record-breaking cold snap was. i want to burn it into my memory for those sticky endless Summer days in August. (and September.) (and October.) when it feels like they will never end & that relief may never arrive, i want to remember that eventually it always does.

12) a photo i took this month:

5 with their own thoughts:

Janet Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:40:00 PM  

Oh, I love that picture of the coffee mug! Very nice. and man, you burn a LOT of candles!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:45:00 PM  

Janet: Thank you! =) About the candles. Votives. I rarely do the jars (unless I get one as a gift) because I can't pick just one or two scents. For the same price I can get a dozen votives! I almost always have one or two burning in the evenings & then I get to use all kinds of scents, because I burn them up in two or three evenings. I like the variety. Plus? I'm a Libra. I cannot choose just one. =P

Jeanne Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:30:00 PM  

Don't you just LOVE Christmas on the Beach. It was my favorite from the season. Right now I have one from last winter Frosted Cedar Wreath going. I bet that cold spell felt like 'home'to you. "Lucky" is a song I enjoy too.

penuttpie Thursday, February 04, 2010 12:42:00 AM  

looks like you guys had a great time at wdw!! :)
my turn next!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:50:00 AM  

Jeanne: It was a totally unexpected scent in the Winter! Very appropriate for I live though. ;-) I think I have one Frosted Cedar Wreath votive left in my stash. I always have the worst time using the last one of a scent!

G: In order for you to be next, you'll have to get here before the first week in March! Better hurry! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP