Thursday, February 11, 2010

Monday Stream of Consciousness: February 8, 2010

i have to play catch-up this week. there is very little i hate as much as playing catch-up, with anything, not just my blog. however, work has been so busy this week (this is certainly a good thing, given the condition of the economy, i know!) and my home internet has been flaky. hence the reason for the Monday post showing up on Thursday. my internet has actually been flaky since October, but has gotten considerably worse over the last few weeks. the outages are completely random, both in timing and duration. it happens any time of day or night, lasting from ten minutes up to nearly two days. and of *course* every time there is a service tech in my home, all the lights on the modem shine happily, strong & steady. intermittent outages can be nearly impossible to diagnose, much less solve, when they aren't happening during a service call, since no pertinent information can be gathered. bottom line is this has lead to delays in posting and limited time to visit other blogs. i am, however, ripping through my little projects at home, provided they do not require use of the internet in any way. at any rate, be patient with me. i hope i will be back to normal soon.

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:22:00 PM  

Have you tried a new modem? That fixed our issues which were driving me nuts for a while there.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:25:00 PM  

thisgirl: We tried that back at the beginning of November with no luck. This is not a small issue, but likely something to do with the wiring in my apartment building, something to do with the control box outside the building, or something even larger than that. All the small troubleshooting has been attempted without success. It isn't *just* my internet, but also affects my phone service and the interactive capabilities of my cable box (for example, I cannot order anything pay-per-view).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP