Monday, July 23, 2007

what it's like to be me: July 23, 2007

just a few snippets from today:

1. i swear i have a roaring case of the clumsies today. i dropped my yogurt this morning (thankfully didn't spill), flipped a piece of my lunch out onto the floor when i was stirring it half way through reheating it in the microwave, dropped a box of paperclips (::sigh::) and just now, opening a new gallon of water, almost dropped the whole thing. i better not touch anything breakable the rest of the day.

2. rocking out to "Call Me When You're Sober," by Evanescence, in the car on the drive home is good. very good.

3. for absolutely no conceivable reason this morning, i remembered what my Gramp used to say when he was going for a hair cut. he used to say he was "going to get his ears lowered." made me smile.

4. today is my official three-year anniversary at my job. (unofficially it was in April, because i temped for the first three months, then came on permanently in July.) more importantly, it is the day my vacation renews. ahhhh... vacation... coming soon to a guest bedroom near one (well, technically two of you, but same guest bedroom) of you... ;-)

7 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, July 23, 2007 8:12:00 PM  

I'll even fold the toilet paper into a point like they do in hotels. so HURRY UP!!!!

kreed Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:50:00 AM  

Ooooooooh...vacation days! Nothing better than a whole entire fresh set of days to escape the inner ring if hell...uh, I mean work!

Debi Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:31:00 PM  

Awww...you and your Gramp just made me smile, too! So totally sounds like something my grandpa would of said. I love it when you talk about your grandparents...always leaves me smiling.

Heart of Rachel Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:30:00 PM  

Sometimes random memories just come from nowhere and it's nice when happy memories suddenly give you a reason to smile.

JAM Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:50:00 PM  

A lady I work with got her hair cut last week and when she walked by, I said, "Got your ears lowered, huh?". She smiled and kept walking the stopped and died laughing. She finally realized what I was talking about and had never heard the phrase.

We use to also ask, "Got the ol' onion peeled, eh?"

We're very careful about the "clumsies" around our house. we have the beautiful italian tile floors the original owners had put in, but they are absolutely brutal on dropped items. We buy all our food items in plastic now if its available. Still have to be careful with jelly, jalapenos, and pickles. I'd rather clean up a messy slop than the ten thousand shards of a pyrex dish again.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:36:00 PM  

I have the clumsies like that a lot. One day was particularly bad - I hit my elbow on a door frame while brushing my teeth, then later stubbed my toe on the coffee table (which hasn't moved in 8 years), and then that night, bumped my head into a cabinet door that I had left open. Yikes.

Yeah for the job, it's always so nice to hear that some people actually do like their jobs! And double Yeah on the vacation :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP