Sunday, July 29, 2007

"come on, Lestah!!!"

(or Lester, for those of you not fluent in Bostonian) the girl behind me screamed that every time he took the mound. there were so many Sox fans at last night's game, it was awesome. The Trop likes to put up "make some noise for your Rays! show these Sox fans this is YOUR house!" on the scoreboard -- but i have to say, felt more like Fenway Park than The Trop. except for the crappy lighting & the lack of bullpen.

let's just say that may be my most well spent $55 ever. turns out i was four rows behind the Sox dugout. surrounded by loud & energetic Sox fans. we had "here we go, Red Sox, here we go!" chants going constantly. and can you top a twelve-inning 12-6 Sox victory?!

it was awesome. right down to the Sox fan blasting "Sweet Caroline" from his car in the parking lot after the game!

tough to give game commentary when you're caught up in live action (nowhere to take notes anyway -- which i usually do) soooo...

how about some photos instead? (click the photo -- it's a link to the album)

Sox at Rays - July 28, 2007


oh & i will have all of you know that i fully admit to applauding Lugo when his walk scored the go-ahead run in the twelfth that opened up the landslide of Sox offense -- and again when he came in toward the dugout at the end of the game. appreciation, if not love. but cheer, i did.

9 with their own thoughts:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:01:00 PM  

it's fun cheering for "the other team", isn't it? i used to go to braves games all the time at Three Rivers Stadium when i lived in PA.

although i fully admit to being annoyed when fans of "the other team" show up at a bills game :)

david mcmahon Monday, July 30, 2007 6:38:00 AM  

Hi Dawn,

Have to get you to watch an Aussie Rules game. I reckon you'd really enjoy it.

Keep smiling

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream Monday, July 30, 2007 9:49:00 AM  

I still read "rounders" when I see baseball. My eldest girl is captain of her team at school (the lads aren't really big on it over here).

kreed Monday, July 30, 2007 10:13:00 AM  

I got a great visual of you at the game screaming for the "wrong" team...what fun!

*krystyn* Monday, July 30, 2007 10:17:00 AM  

Glad u had fun @ the game and YAY for the Sox winning too!!

Brian in Oxford Monday, July 30, 2007 11:19:00 AM  

And apparently you got home safe, even AFTER cheering for JFL!!!

Mega Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:08:00 PM  

Eric Gagne.

YOU GOT ERIC GAGNE.

You know, in his prime and uninjured, by far the SICKEST closer of all time? And now he is showing yet more flashes of his old self?

And he's only THIRTY?

Boston for the win. And the World Series. Book it.

JAM Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:09:00 PM  

The other night I was flipping channels and this game was on. I noticed that it was Boston and it was tied in like the 11th inning or something. I wondered if you were watching, glued to your TV.

But no. You were there! Even better. I'm glad for you that they won.

Michelle Quinno Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:57:00 PM  

I'm a New England-a myself so I completely understand the lingo. I love my Red Sox and always have (we've lived in several states).

Great blog! I found you on Stacy's Exceedingly Mundane (not really) blog!! Congrats on your nomination!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP