Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday's Feast: July 27, 2007



Feast One Hundred & Fifty Three

Appetizer
Describe a toy you remember from your childhood.

i had some great toys when i was growing up. i wasn't much into Barbies, but i loved my Cabbage Patch Kids and My Little Pony and my paper dolls. but one of my very favorites were hand-me-downs. we had a whole collection of Little People. the family house. the play ground. the school (complete with school bus!). 123 Sesame Street. the castle. the garage. the farm. they had been around from our older cousins, but as well-loved as they already were when they came to us, it seems we never tired of playing with them.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how observant are you?

it depends on the situation. i do pay close attention to detail most of the time, especially if it's something i enjoy or pertains to someone i care about. i pick up on subtleties & body language, tone, inflection, body language. i remember dates, names, faces, details. it's also pretty important for my job that i be observant as well. notice patterns, people's coming & going, pay attentions to important dates, follow procedures. plus, being the quiet person that i am, i am often a half-step back, taking in the situation, watching, listening -- observing. =) unless it is something about which i do not care, i would say i am usually operating at about an 8 on observation, and often higher.

Salad
Where would you rather be at this very moment?

riding Soarin' at Epcot.

Main Course
When was the last time you learned something new?
i am constantly learning new things. aren't we all? or i would hope so anyway. the biggest thing i've learned recently is to maintain the accounts receivables for the company i work for.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have ____________ but I haven’t ____________.

i have been ready to visit California again for quite some time but i haven't made the arrangements yet. i will keep saying this until i do though!

3 with their own thoughts:

Shrink Wrapped Scream Friday, July 27, 2007 1:08:00 PM  

1. Monkey-doll.

2. 'Fraid no 2 at most.Emotionally I like to think it's a ten, but physical observations I'm usless at. I'm virtually face blind - you have no idea how many photos I have of kids we don't know - they always looked like mine at the time.. I never drive anywhere new whithout a trial run, 'cos maps are lost on me.

3. I'd rather be at a Health Farm, having a pampering massage.

4.I have so much to do but I haven't the time to do it all in.

Anonymous,  Friday, July 27, 2007 3:08:00 PM  

I loved cpk's they were my favorite!!

kreed Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:13:00 AM  

Aren't Little People great? That has been one of the fun thigns about having a kid- playing with the toys I remember from childhood.

I don't even remember American Girl dolls from my childhood - that tells you how old I am! I think it probably saved my mom a bunch of money. Or at least a bunch of begging when I failed to get one!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP