Tuesday, March 10, 2009

just another day in paradise

on Saturday, i decided to take advantage of the absolutely amazing weather & head over to Epcot for a few hours. i parked over by the Boardwalk (which technically you aren't supposed to do but i wasn't planning to spend the whole day in the park & i do have an Annual Pass which covers parking so it wasn't as if i were trying to get out of paying the parking cost; anyway, i parked there & justified it by having lunch on the Boardwalk) and saw the new banners for Disney's "What Will You Celebrate?" theme. when you are outside of a park, the banners depict balloons in the shapes of all four park icons.


see what i mean about the weather? the day was absolutely picture perfect.


the Boardwalk Inn is one of my favorite resort hotels on property. even though i live (relatively)close by, i would love to be able to spend a night or two in each of my favorite resort hotels at some point. the Boardwalk Inn is definitely on my list...


...as are two of the other resort hotels located on Disney's Boardwalk: the Beach & Yacht Clubs. you can see the Yacht Club in the background of this photo. (and if you follow the link to the photo album below this photo, the hotel painted blue is the Beach Club.)

See the entire album: WDW Resorts (2009)



i walked along the Boardwalk to the "back entrance" of Epcot, the International Gateway and inside the park, you can see that the banners feature more Mickey balloons & just the icon of that particular park.


of course, i had to ride Test Track. figured i should catch a photo while the GM logo is still there, for the sake of nostalgia.


i love wandering through the parks on days like this. it makes me feel like i came home with a bunch of postcards on my camera.


See the entire album: EPCOT (2009)

9 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:15:00 PM  

Have you ever seen the Caribbean Beach Resort? Is that the same one you mention? I didn't think it was because I recall it being numerous buildings, all of different colors. I stayed there many years ago and it was really nice!

Debi Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:57:00 PM  

Thanks, Dawn! I really needed a smile...and you surely gave me one!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:23:00 PM  

Ahhh... Dawn... you are SOOOOO good for the spirit... LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics.
thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sincere pick me up today... it was just what i needed.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:33:00 PM  

Krystyn: I think I've seen photos but I've never been inside. I keep saying I will wander over there some time but I haven't yet! I heard the rooms got makeovers. Some have a reef/Nemo theme & others have a pirate theme.

Debi: So glad I could bring some sunshine to your day. =)

Keri: You are too sweet. I'm glad they brightened your day!

Janet Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:34:00 PM  

I love that shot with the weeping cherry :-)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:39:00 PM  

Thank you, Janet. I have to tell you, I almost didn't take that one. I was walking over the bridge on the Boardwalk & I was anxious to get into the park but something about it really grabbed my attention. I took a few steps back, looked again & decided it *needed* to be taken. =)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:48:00 PM  

What gorgeous shots! I can't remember the sky being that blue here in a long time :)

gail@more than a song Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:47:00 PM  

Your pictures, as usual, are gorgeous! The sky does look really blue, we don't see that often here. And that one at Test Track and the GM logo, yeah, I could be sick over the gm stuff.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:02:00 PM  

Thanks, Stacy! The sky in Florida, especially this time of year, always shocks me with the brilliance of its blue.

Gail: Me too. ::sigh::

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP