Tuesday, March 31, 2009

curiosity killed the cat

i have to wonder if the person who has over a hundred page visits to my blog since Friday--mostly rummaging through my archives--has found what they are looking for yet. with over four years of blogging under my belt, my archives are extensive, the number of blog posts in the thousands. it would probably be quicker just to ask me whatever it is you're trying to learn.

13 with their own thoughts:

Debi Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:56:00 AM  

Hmmm...hard to know if you should be flattered or a bit worried.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:14:00 AM  

The thing is, Debi, I don't think people realize that I can see when they come to my blog, what they do while they're there, how much time they spend. I don't care if people go digging. There really isn't that much they're going to find, because I am conscious of the fact that I am on the internet, available for anyone to find. I really just wonder what it is they are spending so much time & energy searching for, if indeed they aren't just browsing. Maybe I could save them the effort. =P

Chele76 Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:18:00 AM  

hmmm, that *does* sound a bit extensive

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:22:00 AM  

Chele: A tad. I mean, I've done the same, on occasion, when I've discovered a new blog that I enjoy. I will go back & randomly dip into some archives out of curiosity. Not as much as this though. And also? I try to leave a comment so the blog author doesn't think they have cause to be concerned.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:35:00 AM  

Can you see what i'm wearing too??

no, but seriously... that' a bit disconcerting...

to whoever it is... just ask Dawn... she's nice and won't bite.

*krystyn* Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:13:00 AM  

too funny. yep, they should just ask you.

Lora Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:28:00 PM  

I have a couple people reading thru my back posts right now too. And one who is commenting. It's nice, to see people care? I guess?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:48:00 PM  

LOL Keri! No, no secret webcam to see what you're wearing. Promise. ;-) I do feel though, that since it's my info on the web, that I have a right to know who is coming here, you know? And let's just say that this kind of activity on my blog is *not* the norm which is why I noticed it.

Krystyn: My thoughts excatly.

Lora: You know, I don't have any problem with people rummaging through my archives, like I said, and I don't even need the validation of comments (though I love them of course!) but after so many days of this person viewing page after page after page? I guess my curiosity has been ignited. Seriously, I'm not *that* interesting so it makes me wonder what the heck they are searching for!

Joanna Lee Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:52:00 PM  

Oh...it seems harmless to me! I'm sure whatever you have on your blog was intended to be there...which means you don't mind someone reading! Isn't that what blogs are for? I think it's flattering that someone finds you so interesting! I think you're interesting!

Unknown Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:22:00 PM  

how do you even know that someone is looking at your archives, or how long they are visiting? P.S. Love the colored egg design.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:36:00 PM  

Beatriz: Nope I don't mind it being read at all. Nothing there that can't be read. =) Just makes me curious if they are looking for something in particular or if they're just exploring since they have been digging into older posts for so many days now.

Colleen: Many blogs have coding that allows the authors to see the visits to their blogs. =) Since it's my personal information that I am sharing, I reserve the right to know who is visiting. ;-)

Ms. NeicY b. Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:01:00 AM  

that is true. i think asking would be much easier but maybe some people just want to look through all the entries

penuttpie Monday, July 06, 2009 12:52:00 AM  

oh man...i was just wondering if this was about me! i was going back through some of my old posts (yes, i will be posting a new one tonight! woo!) and you had left a comment encouraging me to post since you had posted some painful thing recently too. so i went looking to see what you were talking about. i'm not finding it though. but i don't want you to think i'm a digger/stalker. sorry!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP