Tuesday, March 17, 2009

i miss

...winding hilly shady country roads

...hearing church bells & knowing which ones were from my childhood church

...Chippens Hill

...my Gram & Gramp's house the way i remember it

...white Christmases

...New England Autumns

...road trips to Cooperstown, NY

...big full evergreen trees

...watermelon rolls from Friendly's

...the Yankee Candle flagship store

...cemeteries that are centuries old

...the style of homes that are so common in New England that you just don't see in Florida

...Connecticut Grown farmers markets where everything had to be grown in the state

...having home team coverage of the Sox & Patriots

...four distinct seasons

...knowing all the "nooks & crannies" of my hometown

...apple orchards & pumpkin patches & "pick-your-own" farms

8 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:07:00 AM  

I grew up behind Buster's... It actually was my first real job.
The hill's changed quite a bit since i was even a kid... but it still has that 'chippen's ' quality.
If it makes you feel any better... i yearn to see Florida, the warm weather, the palms, the parks... ahhh... i love your pics when you put them up.

kreed Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:00:00 PM  

Sounds like you better get back up north for a visit soon! Too much good stuff up there to be away for too long!

Heather Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:05:00 AM  

sounds like you need to come back! you know your room is here anytime you want to come. at least we get to see you in june and july..yes it will be busy times but you will be with the ones you love!

Samantha Friday, March 20, 2009 6:25:00 PM  

i'm not sure i even remember my way around bristol anymore. weird. do you go back often?

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 23, 2009 11:13:00 AM  

Keri: Wow... Buster's. *That* brings back some memories! I'm glad you enjoy the photos as much as I do. Hopefully have some more up after next weekend! ;-)

kreed: Going up in June & July this year!

Marc: I miss it & then I realize I would miss Florida too...

Heather: LOL! It is so good to be loved & missed. And two visits this year! What I really need is to be a snowbird. =P

Samatha: I have been up every June since my god daughter was born in 2004. Although I am not usually in Bristol (more out in the Avon/New Hartford area), I can still close my eyes & actually "navigate" around Bristol, visually, in my head! At least the way things looked 7 years ago. ;-)

Samantha Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:46:00 PM  

i usually go back every summer too.. (except 2007 i went in dec/jan and got to see all the winter "delights" you wrote about! hehe)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:37:00 PM  

I went back once in October 2002, about 7 months after I moved down here. And again in January 2003 for my Gramp's funeral. But since 2004, I've only been back in June (like I said). This year I am going back twice though: June for Catherine's birthday & my friend Alison's bridal shower and July to be in Alison's wedding. She picked a July date just so I wouldn't freeze in a sleeveless dress!! Such an awesome friend. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP