Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grace in Small Things 41:365

1. there was this ridiculous little bird singing his brains out on the privacy fence outside my apartment this morning. i have no idea how he didn't pass out, he was singing so loudly. and he was just a *teeny* little guy too. cracked me up.

2. random memories of my grandparents that surface out of nowhere. today it was the way they would share a grapefruit for their mid-morning snack. my Gram would cut it in half, one side for each of them. then she would work methodically, separating out the citrus into sections. she would serve the pieces, topped with honey, right inside the rind, using it like a bowl.

3. the glass pinecones that are in a dish on my coffee table. i had picked them up as a Christmas gift for my Gram but was never able to give them to her. rather than making me sad though, seeing them there reminds me of her; she would have loved them. and that makes me smile.

4. my favorite comfy red track pants. i've had them for almost ten years now. they are the clothing equivalent of comfort food.

5. enjoying the snowy photos i've found on other blogs. all of the pretty, none of the shoveling!


Visit Grace in Small Things

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:57:00 PM  

Wow - that's a lot of work on the grapefruit!!!

I miss my comfort food clothes...none of them fit as comfortably as they once did - yet ANOTHER reason to cut back on my pigging out and increase my running. *sigh*

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:07:00 PM  

It was a lot of work but my Gram prepared it lovingly for them to share. I think that must be what I am remembering the most. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP