Sunday, March 1, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 8

Since November 2008, I've been documenting the bits of everyday life in a monthly format, through various incarnations. I've loved these "little life snapshots." But for approximately the past six months, I've been craving a change. More than a little tweak, this time, but a different perspective. After taking note of the bloggers I enjoy who do something similar on a weekly basis, I've finally blended my favorite aspects of their weekly posts with some of the framework of my monthly snapshots...and thus was born Snapshot from Along the Broken Road, v. 2.0

Checking in for the week of February 22 through February 28.

WHAT I READ |
Firefly Summer (Maeve Binchy) - This. Book. Will. Never. End.

WHAT WE ATE|
We made meatballs subs from the stash of meatballs in our giant freezer. It had been ages since we last had brown sugar glazed pork, which we rounded out with some mashed potatoes and asparagus. On Friday, T roasted a whole chicken, and I warmed up some sweet peas and wild rice. And then there was the giant dish of baked spaghetti, which will mean leftovers for several days and I think we might try freezing a serving to see if it's a freezer-friendly reheat.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED|
Flat of strawberries: mission accomplished. And...that's pretty much it, other than, you know, day to day living.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Merry Cookie (BBW) - Seriously. Like someone is baking sugar cookies in my bedroom.
Christmas Wreath (YC) - I feel so silly with the Christmas scents, but it's still winter!
Creme Brulee (YC) - Vanilla scents make me happy.
Magical Frosted Forest (YC) - And, here we have more evergreen. I had an unofficial theme for the week, I guess!

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Cold snap was short lived in Florida. We rocketed 53 degrees from our record-breaking low on Friday to well above seasonal on Sunday. Not a fan of contemplating a/c in February.


Sweet.


Time to walk.


Love birds!


You wish this were scratch-and-sniff. Trust me.


The sauce is made in the same pan as the pork tenderloin medallions, so it's all the yummy browned bits and liquid brown sugar and some butter and some red wine. And it makes me seriously contemplate licking my plate clean. Literally.


So much hair now. (Also, my natural color is a lot darker than it used to be, judging by my roots.)


When did I move to Seattle? I mean, c'mon. I don't think I could like in the contiguous United States and be much further away from it.


Contrasts: light and dark. blue sky and clouds. sunshine and rain.


I love my friends-via-internet. Like Janet. Who found this lovely and sent it to me. Just because it made her think of me. I know exactly where it's going to go. Just need to find a frame.


Seriously. Seattle.


I had a weird laryngitis thing. In a fit of dumb, I took a single DayQuil liquigel. Which contains decongestant. Except I had no congestion (I was just trying to stop the reflexive coughing). It stopped the cough, but got bored and liquified my brain. That is the only way I can account for the box and a half of tissues I went through in ten hours, despite have zero sinus congestion. I ended up drinking a "tea" of hot water, lemon, and honey. Then I took a half dose of NyQuil and when I woke up I was cured. The end.


I love peas.


You're jealous of my tin foil hat. You know it.


Happy. (I've been a Annual Pass Holder since 2002. They didn't make these back then though.)

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Friday, March 06, 2015 2:29:00 PM  

I had a tin foil hat on last night :-) Protects against aliens, don't you know!

Glad you liked the picture!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, March 06, 2015 2:48:00 PM  

Keeps people from reading your mind too, Janet. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP