Saturday, March 21, 2015

This Week on My TV: March 21, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Blue Bloods, S5E18 Bad Company) I'm trying to piece together how I feel about Sarah's story. I can't imagine how I would feel about the person who had murdered my entire family when I was six years old and then, during the trial, said his only regret was that he hadn't killed me too. But when she went to meet him at the prison, at his request, to express his regret now, I thought her reaction, telling him he should try to kill himself again and succeed this time, was a little harsh. I can't imagine saying that without feeling like I had somehow sunk to his level. Also, her wedding processional was the traditional recessional and that bugged me. -- Pretty good first undercover gig for Janko. Although I don't get how she knocked that Serbian mob trafficker over the head with the lid from a toilet tank and it didn't break!

**(Mom, S2E17 A Commemorative Coin and a Misshapen Head) Violet: Oh no. He knows I grew up in the circus. He doesn't need to meet the clowns. -- Most of the time, I feel bad for Violet. She's a snot, but she had a really crappy childhood and I can see how it would leave her hardened and bitter. (Plus, there is something about her that reminds me of one of my best friends, in a good way, and I can't shake that off.) But I really wanted to smack her for her view on getting engaged and married. This guy is clearly head over heels for her and she just wants the big ring, the cool condo, the housekeeper. I guess I am sensitive to that, knowing good guys aren't a dime a dozen, and she's setting up to stomp all over one.

**(The Good Wife, S6E15 Open Source) When Marissa equated campaign tactics to high school, all I could think was YES!! -- Finn! I missed him. -- When Alicia visited Canning in the hospital and he was unconscious or asleep or whatever, I kept expecting him to crack an eye open. I wasn't actually shocked when he didn't. -- I can't decide if Johnny Elfman decided to have Alicia go after Peter because he has feelings for her and doesn't want to take the job on the west coast after all or because he's sick of Eli telling him what to do. T's theory is that it was Marissa saying "handsome men are always so weak" and it got under his skin. -- I cannot believe Diane had her husband served!! -- Regardless of how the election turns out, I'm going to be sad if this is the last we see of Frank Prady. I really like his character. -- Canning is such a snake. I wish I could say I'm surprised that he plotted with David Lee to set Alicia up...but I'm not. -- I am so conflicted about that kiss between Alicia and Johnny. On the one hand, I wanted to see her end up with Finn. But on the other, that kiss was smoking hot!

**(Mike and Molly, S5E14 What Ever Happened to Baby Peggy) Drunk Peggy was HILARIOUS. -- Man, they sure went the unexpected depressing route with the contents of that trunk up in Peggy's attic.

**(Scandal, S4E15 The Testimony of Diego Muñoz) Things I didn't like: The goofiness of Susan Ross's character, because if she were seriously named VP, I would be outraged. Abby and Leo together, which is awful, because she is clearly happy, but he gets on my nerves. Cyrus going...blonde? -- Things I did like: Abby showing up in Olivia's office to chat with her because that's what friends do. The compassion Olivia showed Rose when she told her "how Lois died." David telling Jake they weren't the bad guys anymore; they are the good guys and he is going after B613. -- Olivia is a mess. Even despite the fact that her love life is often a mess, I'm not used to seeing *her* messy. I get why she's a mess, but it's still so strange.

**(Better Call Saul, S1E7 Bingo) I feel so bad for Jimmy. He does the right thing, turning in the money and sending the Kettlemans back to Kim, but he probably won't be able to get the bigger offices. He can't win for losing. -- Mrs Kettleman is a whacknut. -- I saw him offering the big corner office and partnership in his firm to Kim. I saw it coming from a mile away. Just as clearly as I saw her declining it. -- Is this the beginning of a new, if tenuous, friendship between Jimmy and Mike? -- LOL: Jimmy's face on the Bingo cards.

**(Elementary, S3E17 T-Bone and the Iceman) Sherlock: I'm not easily surprised, but I do confess not expecting this. ... He says as they walk into a room filled with a bunch of frozen corpses. -- A case that surrounded a murder that tied to a cryogenic storage facility opened up the opportunity for Sherlock to refer to "corpsicles." That made the whole thing worth it. -- I am not sure about the story with Joan's mother and brother. Too many open ended questions. Does her mother have early stage dementia? Is her brother having an affair or not?

**(Chicago Fire, S3E18 Forgiving, Relentless, Unconditional) Cruz: What are you saying? That meatloaf can only hold so long onto prime rib? Otis: No. I'm saying any girl that makes you feel like meatloaf isn't prime rib. -- I'm kind of tired of this Mills-on-squad arc. I love the character of the Chaplain. I'm on the fence about this new thing with Severide and Dr April. I did not expect Cruz to break it off with Brett. -- Seriously, Otis?? You would even briefly entertain the idea of going after Brett the day after your best friend broke it off with her?

**(Reign, S2E16 Tasting Revenge) This whole "find a mistress for Francis" thing is weird and awkward. I get that these things happen in this time and setting, but one would at least hope it would happen organically. -- Antoine [to his servant when Kenna arrives at his room]: Fetch me something. I don't care what it is, just fetch it from far away. ... Bleh. Don't stoop to his sliminess, Kenna! Make it work with Bash. He's a good guy. Also, OMG, Antoine, your "gravely ill" wife is just immensely pregnant?? Pig. -- I am disappointed that it seems Castleroy is done on the show. I liked him. There aren't enough decent people on this show to balance the evil. -- How far Greer has fallen, being a madam. Unlike most of the others who have fallen from grace, though, I wonder why we're still "keeping in touch with her." Her story must not be over yet. I know we're supposed to be happy that she and Leith are finally together, but I feel like that ship has sailed. -- The second Mary and Conde leaned toward one another to kiss outside, I knew there would be a witness. -- Was Mary wearing dagger earrings?! What does that foreshadow? And speaking of foreshadowing, after Bash stormed out, what about Kenna's hand resting on her abdomen, after that remark she made to Antoine about wanting children, unlike her husband? -- Well, I didn't expect that speech from Francis, giving Mary his blessing of sorts to be with Conde. But is Conde going to entertain the thought of involving himself with TWO queens?? That meeting at the end with the English envoy was...interesting. -- All this sneaking around for Mary and Conde, wondering if anyone is following or watching...why not just use Clarissa's old secret passages?

**(Grey's Anatomy, S11E16 Don't Dream It's Over) Meredith: She was perky. And she sounded happy and tall with a lot of great hair. -- Awkward: Maggie ranting about an Alzheimer's patient...to Richard...who lost both Adele and Ellis to the disease. -- They yell "clear!" before they shock a patient with the paddles. But what about when the patient is pregnant? The baby can't "get clear." -- What was up with that crying from Jo?? That was some seriously bad acting. -- That lecture Mer gave Stephanie about the streak, and the baby who is already motherless, and the father who will either die and leave his baby an orphan or live only to learn his wife did not survive...and how none of this is about her. I know a lot of people hate Mer's whiny moments, but I love who she has become. -- Loved: Bailey's speech to Alex about Jo freaking out over all the sadness, reminding him that death is scary and overwhelming for the residents, that they are obsessed with Mer's streak because they want to cling to anything that can defy death. -- Jackson is a really good guy. -- Yay: Gathering in the hallway on the mobile patient beds! -- LOL: Maggie's disgust with Alex. -- I like the relationships Maggie is forging with Mer and Richard. -- OMG CRUEL I HAVE TO KNOW IS HE???  All that waiting for Der to show up at home and all we get is "you called me and a woman answered my phone" and Mer repeating it back to him???

**(Once Upon a Time, S4E14 Unforgiven) Is no one else bothered by the fact that, when we first met Ariel, *Regina* was Ursula, and now, suddenly Ursula is someone completely different?! -- Ursula's thieving tentacle. ::shudder:: -- Sheriff Chisel Chin. ::snicker:: -- Ursula's fairytale hair slays me. -- Weirdest. Pregnancy. Test. Ever. -- How much can they string us along with this secret?? "Tell her the truth." "Tell Emma everything." JUST TELL ME!! -- Regina: I should have known Fish Sticks and Pound Puppies were up to no good. ... This show kills me with its nicknames. -- Snow: Because when you betray the people you love, when you make them see the worst parts of you, what you've done changes everything. There's no going back. You've shattered the bonds you worked so hard to forge. The stronger those bonds once were, the more difficult they are to put back together...if they can be repaired at all.

**(The Blacklist, S2E16 Tom Keen) Red [to Ressler, who wants to accompany Red in collecting Tom]: You look and feel and smell like cop. You are what you are. That's admirable. But this is my world and you're a tourist. You blink wrong, we'r both dead and your partner goes to prison. -- Red [as the German thugs shoot out the windows of the vehicle Red arrived in] See? That's why we got the insurance. -- The showdown of Connolly vs Judge Renner was pretty intense. -- So, is this really a case of Tom loves Liz? Did he fall for his assignment? If this is an act, I can't figure out what he gains. -- So, where's Tom now?? Just...gone with the wind? He called her, which likely won't make Red very happy, but what's the end game here? -- Well, crap. After all this mistrusting of Connolly, now I think I might like him. -- Red: Be careful, Lizzie, because the truth is, once you start down this road, there's no logical place to stop. You could see to her education, health insurance, housing. You could watch her or have her watched, keep her safe. Try to ascertain her hopes, dreams, desires. Pull strings, call in favors to discreetly smooth the path. And for the first few years, it may work. You'll draw some measure of virtue from being her invisible benefactor. But that won't last. It's all a fraud. And it's really not about her at all. It's all about *you*. And you're just...going through the motions to salve your own guilt. Look, all the money, all the time and effort, all the favors in the world cannot possibly equal what you took away from *her*. Everything else is...just a nice gesture. ... HOLY CRAP. HO. LEE. CRAP. -- Lizzie [to Red about how he gave Tom his life back for showing up in court to keep Lizzie out of prison]: You saved a man you hate to save me. -- I guess it's safe to say only Red holds the actual list of blacklisters, since, based on the episode opening, Tom is number 7 and I'm thinking that would have raised red flags with at least half a dozen people.

**(Last Man Standing, S4E19 Summer Internship) Mike: I'm the boss. I snuck out while I wasn't looking. -- OMG, Ryan is at Mike and Vanessa's house, doing their laundry?! When are those two going to be expected to grow up? -- Mandy is going to "live off her savings" while on her unpaid internship in New York City? Mandy...has that kind of savings?! -- I'm not sure what to make of Mandy's orange lipstick. Is that a thing? -- Unintentionally creepy: Kyle wants to finish learning taxidermy and then tells Mandy "once he's an expert at stuffing things he knows he'll always have her by his side" and he "wants to look at that face forever." -- Highlight of Mike's vlog: No, what I think what you want is a proper balance. You want to see enough of each other that you can pick your spouse out of a police lineup, but not so much that you end up, you know, *in* the police lineup. -- Second best highlight of the vlog was the promo for Outdoor Man Grill: Not only do we welcome lovebirds, but we serve them in a port wine sauce.

1 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, March 23, 2015 11:05:00 AM  

All that you quoted of what Red said to Liz about the girl, yes wow! I turned to Don and said, he must be talking about himself!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP