Friday, March 13, 2015

Oh Hey Friday!: March 13, 2015

It's Oh Hey Friday! time, hosted by September FARM. The idea is that you talk about five things -- any five things, themed or random -- and away we go!




The "Language" Edition!

ONE|
We've probably all heard of The Five Love Languages at this point. I can tell you that mine are "Words of Affirmation," with a side of "Physical Touch" -- there was just one point separating the two scores, because like a good little Libra, I can't just be one thing. I didn't even have to take the survey to have told you that, though. I recorded just a couple of points under "Acts of Service" and "Quality Time," and none under "Receiving Gifts" -- while I certainly appreciate them, I don't need things done for me or to be showered with gifts to feel loved, nor do I need lots of attention focused on me or to be wined and dined. I just need to hear that I am loved and noticed and appreciated. Words (or lack thereof) have a lot of power over me. Likewise, something as simple as a hug or the brush of hand as my loved one passes by makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

TWO|
I bring this up, because apparently there is also an Apology Language profile. Having heard nothing about this one, before, I was pretty curious how I would score. Predictably, I once again scored with my top two languages a single point apart, and again, my results did not surprise me. I need "Expressing Regret," followed closely by "Accepting Responsibility." This is huge, for me. HUGE. Because when I've been hurt, I don't want excuses or reasons. I don't need the person to beat their chest and wail or beg my forgiveness. I don't need to make a plan going forward or exact justice. First and foremost, I need a direct and sincere "I'm sorry." If the damage was minimal, then that's enough for me. If the hurt goes deeper, well, then I guess the apology needs to be deeper as well, with an acknowledgment accepting responsibility: "I shouldn't have [done what I did], you didn't deserve to be treated that way." It shows me that in addition to noticing my hurt and being regretful, that the person understands what they did to cause it. You would be surprised how hard those two languages are for most people though.

THREE|
On a lighter note. (Ahem.) People who understand the awesomeness of Dunkin Donuts and the treasure of photos (especially old ones! ) (photos, that is, not old donuts) speak my language. I consider these my "lesser love languages."

FOUR|
I took four years of French in high school. Other than the extreme, kindergarten level basics, the only phrases I remember now are "at the pool," "at the library," and "I have a hangover." Never underestimate the power of a) a good word association, b) a word that is fun to say, or c) a funny anecdote.

FIVE|
I am so close to expressing some language in regard to Level 27 of the Two Dots game. I cannot beat that fool level, no matter what I try, and it is driving me loony.

What about you? Do you know your love language? Have you heard of the apology languages before? What are your "lesser love languages"? Do you speak a second language at all? Do you play Two Dots and have you beaten Level 27?! (Please save me from myself.)

2 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:26:00 AM  

Oh that Apology Language quiz was interesting - I got "Accepting Responsiblity" first and "Expressing Regret" second.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, April 09, 2015 3:50:00 PM  

Krystyn: Same two as me, but in reverse!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP