Monday, March 16, 2015

Something Something: March 16, 2015

What you'll always find in my fridge...
Yogurt. Grape juice. Chocolate. Cheese.

Recipe I'm scared to try...
A two-crust pie from scratch. I am way intimidated.

Signature dish...
Either my stuffed shells or my meatloaf.

Household chore I enjoy...
Folding clean towels. Fun fact: Back a bazillion years ago, I worked on the early morning stock crew for a Caldor department store (think sort of like Target, before there was Target), and I had to fold all the towels "just so" for the shelves, when that was what we unloaded. And then a few years later, I worked in the receiving department for Bloomingdale's By Mail catalog distribution center, and sometimes I would get loads of towels to prep and bag for the picking floor. I learned to fold my towels neat, quickly, and precisely, so folding them now makes me feel super efficient and I like the way our linen closet looks when they're all stacked in there. (Did you read all that? You deserve a cookie.)

My secret cleaning weapon is...
Scrubbing Bubbles wipes in the bathroom. I wipe the sinks, light switches, and toilet handle every single morning and it makes the whole room look freshly cleaned.

Last thing I bought online...
A new iPad for T. It was an early gift from the Easter Bunny. I don't usually go that "big" for Easter, but I did this time. He deserves it.

I hate to shop for...
Furniture. Hate. Loathe.

On my bucket list...
Seeing the cherry blossoms in Washington DC.

I sleep in...
Pajama pants and a tank top.

I sleep on...
A king-sized bed. Moderately expensive sheets that were worth every penny. The right side of the bed (if you're standing at the foot and facing it).

I stay fit by...
I don't know if I'm fit, but I'm well within healthy. We walk almost every evening, after work, when it isn't summer. In the summer, I get in some exercise before I get ready for work.

I drive...
A car I own in full.

Etiquette pet peeve...
Not saying thank you.

I will never care about...
Survivor. Or the Bachelor(ette). Or most Hollywood gossip. Or basketball. Or golf.

I'd tell my younger self...
"Have no fear, these are nowhere near the best years of your life." (Thanks, Brad Paisley.)

2 with their own thoughts:

Abby Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:02:00 PM  

If you come to DC then you have to schedule a visit!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP