Saturday, March 28, 2015

This Week on My TV: March 28, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Madam Secretary, S1E14 Whisper of the Ax) Henry: I don't understand this whole kale thing. It used to grow wild in the backyard when I was a kid. Now it's the basis for a twenty dollar salad. What's the matter with spinach? What did spinach do wrong? Spinach needs a PR person. -- I think this is the first time we've seen Elizabeth truly pissed at her staff. -- I think it's funny that Elizabeth calls Henry the Stevie whisperer, when it was the fact that interning on the micro loans thing is what "convinced" her to go back to school, since it's a requirement. -- Blake: This is not a dog friendly environment. Mike B: That's ok, he's not sensitive. -- Mike B is Ted Chaough from Mad Men! -- Mike B: You're in a knife fight. The way to win a knife fight is to bring a gun and waste the son of a bitch. -- Jay is fired?! Madam Secretary isn't playing around. (Ok, fine, I clearly fell for it as hook-line-and-sinker as he did.) -- Oof. I can't believe Elizabeth had to turn in Isabelle as the CIA leak on the blown op. -- One of the things I love about this show is how well it captures some real life scenes. Like how Elizabeth and Henry were watching some cooking competition show and commenting on how people never win when they make gnocchi and risotto. So true! The contestants on Top Chef always screw themselves when they do those two dishes. -- What was on that card with the bear at Juliet's house??

**(Madam Secretary, S1E15 The Ninth Circle) Ha ha, watching episodes back to back on the DVR eliminates the impatience of waiting for part two of a multi-part event. -- Elizabeth: Hey. Should I even ask how your night was? Isabelle: Well, after hours of being polygraphed and detained somewhere in the bowels of Langley. Did you know Langley had bowels? Elizabeth: I suspected. -- Whoa... is Juliet somehow involved in the Marsh murder?? -- LOL: Of *course* Mike's trivia team is named Bill of Right Answers. -- What exactly was on that laptop that changed the mind of the Iranian guy, Javani? And how does it tie in with Juliet's cause? And for that matter the investigation into Marsh? -- Elizabeth [about Henry to the headmaster of Jason's school]: World renowned religious scholar. Nailed it. -- I can't imagine what it would be like to be an adolescent trying to attend school with all the pressures of being the child of a well known political figure. -- Is Muncey seriously  guilty of treason?? And orchestrating a coup??

**(The Good Wife, S6E16 Red Meat) When they flashed on the lodge where Diane is hunting with her husband, I felt like I had been transported into an episode of  Boston Legal. I expected Denny and Alan to appear in the next scene. -- Diane [in a roomful of high end conservatives]: If I were to set off a bomb in this room, we'd have Democratic presidents for the next thirty years. -- Every time I see Finn, I am unable to resist saying "Finn!!" -- I'm guessing not too many people hang up on Lemond Bishop when he calls them, the way Alicia did. -- Kurt [to Diane about her disgust, being around so many Republicans]: Now you know what it's like for me around your friends. -- LOL: Diane's hunting attire. -- I am so conflicted about Alicia winning. Mostly because I really like the character of Frank Prady, and given that declined Alicia's offer to come work for her in the State Attorney's office, I worry this is the last we'll see of him. -- Don't get me wrong. I am totally in the camp of wantig Alicia to end up with Finn (Finn!!), but after that smoking hot kiss Elfman gave Alicia at the end of the previous episode, he's just going to run away like a little wuss because he saw her putting on the act with Peter? BLAH.

**(2 Boke Girls, S4E15 And the Fat Cat) Earl [on why Max isn't at work]: She's stuck between the moon and New York City. I know it's crazy. But it's true. ... Quite possibly the funniest line he's ever had in the history of this show. -- I can't decide whether or not I like this guy, Owen. I wonder if he was a one-episode wonder? -- {Some sketchy guy runs by as Caroline and Owen are having a conversation in front of the building where Max and Caroline live] Owen: Did he just drop a gun? Caroline: It's fine, he has more. -- Those were some huge kittens for being a week old and they would clearly not be ready to be weaned that soon!

**(Mike and Molly, S5E15 Pie Fight) I think the only thing I can say about this episode is that Mike clearly gets hangry. I can sympathize.

**(Better Call Saul, S1E8 RICO) It was clearly a flashback at the beginning, because Jimmy was delivering mail at HHM, and Charlie was still working, but I was under the impression Kim got stuck in that closet of an office as punishment for losing the Kettleman account. I was obviously mistaken. Or maybe not? That was all very confusing for me. -- Jimmy: Because it's like losing your virginity: third time's a charm. ... WHAT?! -- Jimmy's not such a bad guy. -- Sandpiper is a not nice place. It made me angry. And the elderly residents aren't even real people! -- Jimmy [about taking the shredded documents from the recycling bin outside Sandpiper]: You can't say it's private if a hobo can use it as a wigwam. -- Is this finally going to be Jimmy's big break? Is Mike's daughter-in-law playing him? Is Chuck "cured?"

**(Scandal, S4E16 It’s Good to Be Kink) Ya know, I think I had things to say about this episode, but when Huck slit Sue's throat, I lost them all. This instantly become my least favorite episode of this show. I don't care for the way they are writing Huck at all anymore. This show better give me some good episodes or it may be the most epic fall from grace, from a show I *loved* to booted out of my rotation.

**(Person of Interest, S4E18 Skip) I do believe Mr Finch gave Root the cold shoulder when she first wandered in from where ever she's been. But he *definitely* did at the end. Wow, he is upset with her. -- Sheesh, Mr Reese. Of *course* the good doctor has the hots for you. Duh. -- I like when they being back former characters. Two-fer deal this week, with both Harper Rose and Beth Bridges. Probably won't see Beth anymore, but what was that about the Machine feeding Harper numbers via text?? -- They find the best ways to up Mr Reese's badass-ness. The latest? Fighting one-handed, while handcuffed to someone else. -- Pretty cool turn of phrase: "sneaking past Zeus to steal fire." -- Mr Finch downed a poison that left him eleven minutes until it proved fatal. Then he and Root proceeded to argue for a while, before heading downstairs. Considering they weren't already at a hospital, that had to be the longest eleven minutes in the history of ever.

**(The Middle, S6E17 The Waiting Game) Sue-venir. HAAAA. -- Mike singing in the car was one of the most awesomely hilarious things I have ever witnessed on television. -- OMG, they were eating chicken from a gas station? ::gag:: -- Sue's in! She got SIX yeses! I wonder where she'll go... (Probably to the same school as Axl, for the sake of the show.)

**(Modern Family, S6E18 Spring Break) Claire used to call Phil "Ban Jovi" when he was playing his banjo. ::snicker:: -- Phil [bemoaning the fact that he's falling old]: You are not the man you used to be. You get up four times a night to pee.

**(Law and Order: SVU, S16E17 Parole Violations) Why was it so hard for SVU detectives to grasp that a man could be sexually assaulted? One would think, after everything they have seen, they would at least be open to the possibility.

**(The Blacklist, S2E17 The Longevity Initiative) Connolly: All things being equal... Harold: All things are never equal. -- I wonder if it was true about that jellyfish that never dies, but alters its cells to adapt during times of stress? (A quick Googling says that there may actually be something to that. Whoa...this world is filled with wonders.) -- So is Tom really still in love with Liz? He's certainly acting like it. -- Was that ultrasound that the German thugs showed Tom when they asked him about Liz from the baby they were planning to adopt? -- OMG. Red is pursuing all avenues in regard to retrieving Lizzie's memory. -- Red: I'm happy to continue discussing this with you, but not at this volume. ... I feel like that should be filed away for potential future use. -- Why did Red need Hobbs in his debt? What "dark cloud" will be lifted because Hobbs will come in handy? -- Ressler is a good guy and a good partner.

**(Madam Secretary, S1E16 Tamerlane) Elizabeth: Daisy, I don't really care. And if you really believe that no one knew you guys were still together, I strongly advise you never go into clandestine services. -- Nadine: Daisy, whatever good was in that man, he most definitely was *not* a good husband. Mike: But he always had such nice things to say about Mrs Marsh. Nadine: Not when he was in bed with me. Mike: That'd be kind of rude, I guess... -- They wrote that "if something does go wrong" conversation between Elizabeth and Henry perfectly. I love that she didn't have a list of women she approved of for him, but a whole bunch that were off the table. -- Even though I felt that explosion coming from a mile away, I still startled so hard, I'm pretty certain I absolutely levitated off the couch. -- That must have been sheer torture for Henry, waiting at home, for any kind of news. I loved the moments they showed him with Stevie and Alison. And when he got the call that she was ok...man, I wanted to stand up and applaud. -- Juliet "wants to come in" and Munsey, the traitorous coward, offed himself.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP