Friday, March 20, 2015

Oh Hey Friday: March 20, 2015

It's Oh Hey Friday! time, hosted by September FARM. The idea is that you talk about five things -- any five things, themed or random -- and away we go!




The "Hello Spring!" Edition!

I struggle with the arrival of spring here in Florida. I know the relentless heat is coming -- or, as is the case this year, is already here, a whole two months early -- and that starts my hibernation time. The a/c is on almost all the time and I cringe when the electric bill lands in my inbox. I'm just not ready for this. Hold me. On second thought...don't. I'm already too sticky and sweaty.

In an effort to buck-up-buttercup, I am going to think of things I'm looking forward to, now that it's spring.

ONE|
Baseball is two weeks away from starting. If I'm going to be crawling into my cave for the next eight months, at least I'll have my Red Sox back to keep me company! In fact, I order our 2015 MLB Extra Innings package yesterday and, once again, it comes with complimentary MLBtv Premium, which is a nice touch for when I need to mute certain announcers and listen to the Red Sox home radio broadcast synced with the action on the tv.

TWO|
WDW starts staying open later into the evenings, now that the spring break crowds are arriving, which will bleed into the summer crowds, and while it is far too warm for much daylight time spent in the parks, venturing up there in the late afternoon and early evening holds a certain appeal. It's a fun change of pace from my usual morning trek up I-4. The parks have a totally unique personality from their daytime versions when they're lit up at night.

THREE|
Being born and raised in the northeast, I'm used to four definitive seasons. This whole "summer" and "not summer" bit hasn't really grown on me in the thirteen years I've been here. I need to manufacture traditional seasons, darn it! And one of the ways I do that is through scent. I have my spring inventory front and center. My lotions are changing from soft, warm scents to bolder, brighter, fruity scents, like Black Raspberry Vanilla and Apricot Vanilla (from my ridiculous Bath and Body Works stash). And my candles graduate from rich and spicy to fresh and airy.

FOUR|
Fresh fruit. February and March bring strawberry and blueberry seasons to Florida. They are tasty. They make me want more. Nectarines. Plums. Cherries. Pineapple. Melon.

FIVE|
I am potentially the least fashionable female alive, but even I can look forward to switching the darker, smokier palates for lighter eye makeup, trading out the clothes in jewel tones for softer pastels, and getting back to nail color on my toes (because let's be honest -- I stay properly groomed, but with my toes out of sight for the not-summer, I give them a breather from being showcased in sandals and open-toed shoes all summer long).

What does the arrival of spring mean where you are?

3 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Sunday, March 22, 2015 1:45:00 PM  

Out of curiosity, how long does a bottle of shower gel or the lotion from
bath and body last you?! And how many things do you have stashed!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 23, 2015 8:56:00 AM  

Ha, Gail! A bottle of BBW shower gel lasts me about 5-6 weeks. A bottle of lotion is more difficult for me to pin down, since, unlike the shower gel, I often have multiple scents in various stages of use at any given time. I have enough shower gel to easily last me the rest of the year and maybe even most of next. I think I have 6-8 bottle of unopened lotion, plus 6 in progress (2 are almost gone though). I stock up in December, when they run their crazy Christmas sales and January during their big blowout sale, combined with coupons, so I never pay more than $2-3 each for them, tops. The only time I shop during the rest of the year is if they release a limited seasonal scent that I *love* -- and then I keep myself limited to 2 bottles each of shower gel and lotion at most (but it's pretty rare that I do that, and still only by using sales and coupons).

gail@more than a song Monday, March 23, 2015 11:03:00 AM  

Ok, I'm not too far off then! The shower gel probably lasts me about 2 months, we have incredibly soft water so a little goes a long way. I also usually only buy when there's a good sale....just went and looked; I have about 5 things of lotion and probably 6 shower gels! And still have one each of vanilla bean noel (my fav) and twisted peppermint. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP