Friday, June 15, 2007

Why do you build me up...

...(build me up) Buttercup, baby
Just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around
(from "Build Me Up Buttercup," The Temptations)


photos from Yahoo Sports

ok, boys. joke's over. it's really not funny anymore. WHERE HAVE YOU HIDDEN THE BATS?!!


just so many things about this game that confused me:
1. JD Drew is really our best option for lead off hitter?

2. no, seriously. have the Sox truly forgotten how to hit the ball? and that the point of the game is to score when you manage to get on base?

3. and the Colorado Rockies kicked our butts offensively, two nights in a row?! a prime example of this would be the Sox loading the bases with one out, and not scoring one single solitary run, but the Rockies get up & hit a freaking grand slam. i know, i know. they're just in one of those slumps every team must face over the course of the season. but it's their own fault for spoiling me with such wonderful play up til now that this latest run just feels abysmal.

4. what do you mean Josh Beckett lost a game...? i don't understand. Boston lost 7-1? Joshy's record is 9-1 now? that cannot be... Joshy does not lose in 2007... ::scratches head in bewilderment::

5. and then, there's this... for which there are no words. let's just say that when Nichole texted me, i thought she really might have started hallucinating after too many hours spent inside hospital walls & too many late night shifts. i about fell out of my chair when i saw it with my own two eyes.

(Sox fans should pick up on this right away. look closely. and remember that those flying dredlocks mean the player is *Manny*...)

the good:
congrats to Boston's (former) very own Bill Mueller who is now the interim hitting coach for the Dodgers.
the bad:

(from Boston Dirt Dogs)
the downright scary:
Remy:
I swear to God Don, I think the best approach is you sit there calmly, look deep into her eyes and say ‘How you doin’?’ and then let it go…
Orsillo: Well, wait a minute, you’re going to have two long innings and then you throw that out there in the beginning of the next inning too, I mean, you gotta have something more than that? [laughing]
Remy: You can always fall back on ‘How you doin’?’, because she’s might be doing different like, three minutes from now than she was doing two minutes ago, you know I mean? …But you gotta look straight into here eyes, you can’t be bobbing and weaving because she can’t focus on you if you’re doing that.
Orsillo: How you doin’? …
Remy: It’s hard to follow this guy…
Orsillo: You just sit back, and become mysterious
Remy: You drop that famous line, ‘I noticed you were sitting here alone, you shouldn’t of been…’ [laughter]
Orsillo: ‘Are your legs tired? Because you’ve been running around in my mind all day…’ [bust out laughter]… [snort] …
(you can read the whole crazy fifth inning play-by-play of Sox Appeal critique, by Remy & Don right here. that, my friends, is just how bad this game got last night. we just resorted to an entire half inning of Don Orsillo giggling and RemDawg egging him on.)

my boy Julian pitches tonight against the visiting Giants. i hope he intentionally walks Barroid every time he comes up to the plate. and Sox? you, ummmm... might want to start hitting. we have come to feel something i think might be identified as fondness for Julian & his happy-go-lucky demeanor. let's not wake the slumbering inner crazy man, mm-kay?

...but I love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up) Buttercup, don't break my heart

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:15:00 AM  

I saw those socks for just a brief second because my whole family had just arrived. *I* thought I was hallucinating too. But then the inning was over and I had to wait to check. I couldn't believe it...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP