Wednesday, June 27, 2007

a case of mistaken identity

so last night, i thought i was removing some chicken from the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight. somehow, i ended up with pork chops. i noticed that this morning. i ended up flying by the seat of my pants for dinner tonight, since i try to have a loose menu planned for each week, and this didn't fit in.

decided on baking the chops with a chipotle barbecue sauce with a little chopped red onion. (omg did that smell good while it cooked!) some sour cream & chive smashed potatoes. and some zucchini sauteed with a little southwest seasoning.

i'm kind of glad for my defrosting error now because my dinner was mm! mm! good!

8 with their own thoughts:

kreed Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:34:00 AM  

Looks great! I love anything made with chipotles...

Heather Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:33:00 AM  

OMG does that look delicious!

Mega Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:46:00 PM  

What are you cooking for me tonight?

I'm in a Stroganoff mood.

Dawn Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:11:00 PM  

That's look SO GOOD! Your picture is making me hungry~

take care,
Dawn

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:40:00 PM  

Oh my word, you're KILLING me with that photo! That looks incredible and sounds even better. Yum-O!

david mcmahon Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:59:00 PM  

G'day Dawn,

I enjoy being in the kitchen - and I actually wash up while I cook, so there's never any clutter at the end.

But look out for my forthcoming post, `The Pasta Disaster' ....

Can't reveal too much at this stage, or I'll have to put a contract on ya!

Cheers

David

gail@more than a song Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:18:00 PM  

Oooh, I want those smashed potatoes! And chipotle bbq sauce sounds good. I might actually have some in the cabinet so I'm gonna check on it but I'd probably try it on chicken.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP