Sunday, June 17, 2007

are you ready for this?

*i* went to the movies last night. that's right. not only have i seen a movie, but i saw it while it was still in the theatre. only nine days after it opened, no less! i've had this movie gift card for over a year already.

i loved Ocean's Eleven. it was a totally fun, if not completely improbable, movie. i saw it in the theatre three times, i think. (went with different people each time.) and i used to own it but =/ anyway... then i saw Ocean's Twelve. i am one of those people who firmly believes that sequels are always a disappointment. or almost always. this one? was so bad, i can't even remember what the plot was! i remember sitting through it & thinking "i cannot believe i paid money to watch this." it fell so far short of the original, it was sad.

so what possessed me to see Ocean's Thirteen? the fact that i loved the original & i hoped against hope that they would make an rebound with the third movie. well, without spoiling anything, they did. at least in my opinion. now it's still not as good as the first one, but it was back in character with Ocean's Eleven. for starters, back in Vegas. this time with a different agenda. but i won't spoil it for anyone who plans to see it. it doesn't have quite the same excitement factor that Eleven did, but it was still a lot of fun.

oh & the cast just keeps getting more & more well-known actors in it. crazy that they can afford to support a cast that huge, when the first one had a ton of names to begin with!

4 with their own thoughts:

mimiscraps Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:47:00 PM  

Ahhh! I to really liked Thirteen much better than Twelve. They had fun with this one!!

kreed Monday, June 18, 2007 10:04:00 AM  

Iwas debating on seeing this one so I am glad to hear you liked it. I'll have to put it on my "to see" list!

gail@more than a song Monday, June 18, 2007 6:21:00 PM  

I want to see it! And hope I can while it's still at the theater. Lots of eye candy on that one I'm thinking!

Anonymous,  Monday, June 18, 2007 6:58:00 PM  

I'm in shock that you actually went to the movies. I'll have to re-read this post when that shock has worn off so I can comprehend it. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP