Tuesday, June 28, 2005

random thoughts for the day

**just when i think i've seen it all in polk county, the woman in front of me in a really nice Lincoln Navigator lowers her windows & SPITS. note i said WOMAN. lovely. (this is 2nd only to the guy riding down the road in the bed of a beat up pickup, sitting in a lawnchair. as the truck took a corner, the guy's lawnchair tipped a little to one side & the owner of the truck had one of those white decals in his rear window that appeared right next to lawnchair guy's head: got brains? irony at its finest.)

**what on earth is the story with all the shark attacks in FL the last couple days? ok so only 2 but still!!

**i am already in serious withdrawal from my Disney Pass being blocked out for the summer months--and it's only been blocked for 18 days. i am sure i could remind myself why i'm not entirely unhappy about this in about 7 seconds by being in any one of the parks with 2 million sweaty people bumping into me but it *would* be nice to go in during the evening every so often...i have a feeling it's going to be a loooong 51 days.

**3 lanes on a highway are MUCH better than 2.

**my pictures shipped from Snapfish yesterday--i love knowing i have good mail enroute! (hey! if anyone is thinking of trying snapfish but you haven't opened an account yet, please let me know! if i refer you, i can get some free prints & so will you!)

**i also decided to do a little something for myself in honor of National Splurge Day back on June 18th which i didn't take advantage of immediately. however after much careful consideration i have chosen to indulge myself just a little bit & get a couple of magazine subscriptions. so yay for me for doing something just for me & yay for you when i pass along all my fun finds! LOL

**a little something for the girls (possibly bordering on TMI but it's a tip i appreciated finding). if you *ahem* maintain your bikini area with a razor, you are well aware of how sensitive the skin is in that region--and it does NOT make that much difference how new the razor is, my skin is still quite displeased. i have tried all sorts of remedies to relieve any ensuing discomfort after said maintenance. well let me share with you what i have found actually works with no stinging, no further irritating already cranky skin, no increasing the fiery redness you may already be experiencing: immediately after de-fuzzing (lol) apply hyrdocortizone cream with aloe liberally (and i would hope i don't have to point out that this is an external application only!! but for disclaimer purposes i say it anyway LOL!)--the aloe soothes & the hydrocortizone decreases itch, irritation & redness. i wish i'd known this a long time ago!

3 with their own thoughts:

*~*Michelle*~* Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:19:00 PM  

Aw, what a not-so-fun picture of Disney you painted! :) But I totally agree with you on the crowds. Pre 9-11 crowds this year from what I hear. Enjoy your magazine subscriptions!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 7:51:00 PM  

only not-so-fun Michelle for 2 reasons: a) sweaty people in crowds that large in the summer heat just take away some of the Magic for me--i have definite personal space requirements especially when it comes to people i don't know & all that sweat lol. and 2) i am trying to convince myself i don't really want to be t here RIGHT NOW!!! lol...

*~*Michelle*~* Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:20:00 AM  

I know -- and it will be a while before I get back there, too :( The sweaty people piling into the monorail is the one that gets me. You can only fit so many people in a car but people (in particular the sweaty ones!) just keep coming in like it's one of those clown cars or something and the smell is just way funky. Hang in there - the days will pass quickly!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP