Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ten Truths: January 21, 2016

ONE| Circular conversations are the bane of my existence. Nothing makes me want to bang my head on the nearest wall more than when I ask a specific question and the responder tells me everything I already know and fourteen other irrelevant facts/opinions/nonsense...but doesn't actually answer the question. So I ask again, thinking perhaps they misunderstood me, but...alas, they did not. For the record: I won't ever ask a third time. We're not *both* fools.

TWO| We make good use of our slow cooker year round. Every single time I set it to run, I wonder if we will experience a power outage while we're away at work. This has never actually happened (of which I am aware, anyway), and yet, every single time.

THREE| For some people, the best part of the pizza is the additional toppings. For others, the cheese. Or even the crust. Me? It's the sauce. I've never met any other person who shares this preference.

FOUR| I went to Dunkin today to pick up a couple of gift cards for some happy mail I have planned. I didn't get myself a donut. This has *never* happened before and I don't know how I feel about it.

FIVE| We have an agreement at our house that whichever one of us cooks, the other one does cleanup. That way no one is stuck in the kitchen all evening. The other night, T cooked. And then without saying anything, he did cleanup. I don't usually do the cleanup until right before I go to bed, and I didn't go out into the kitchen for anything all evening, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find the work already done. A lot of people complain about their spouses, but you won't hear that from me. It may have taken me a decade longer than pretty much everyone else to get married, but I'm reminded all the time why the wait was worth it.

SIX| I never ever talk smack about my teams before a game, because I'm too worried I'll end up having to eat my own words.

SEVEN| I have a small sweet treat after dinner almost every evening. I will not apologize for this, nor will I give it up. I figure I have maybe five sodas a year (and always medicinally -- Pepsi for a headache that won't quit or ginger ale to settle my stomach) and maybe a dozen adult beverages a year? I indulge my sweet tooth in moderation (almost always) and that's just the way that it is.

EIGHT| I make a point of grouping my groceries on the belt at the register the way I would like them bagged -- refrigerated and frozen goods, dry goods, cleaning products, heavier stuff in front of the lighter or more delicate items, so the heavier items go on the bottom of the bag -- and it never fails that the bagger just grabs random items, jamming as much stuff as they can into one of my reusable bags, glass jars banging together,  to the point that you can't even carry the thing, and then one lone straggler into a second bag, and handing the three unused bags back to me. I stand there, fuming quietly, wishing they would just let me bag my own groceries, since I just have to rearrange the whole thing when I get out to the car.

NINE| When asked where I'd like to go, 95% of the time, I say I don't care, and that's true; I really have no preference. 4% of the time, I have some sort of opinion, whether it's a craving or someplace I explicitly *don't* want to go. And 1% of the time, I have an opinion, but I hate disappointing anyone, and I don't voice it, because I'm too worried that it will be someplace the other person won't enjoy. I'll never actually admit when it's that 1%.

TEN| I very nearly deleted number nine.

6 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:45:00 PM  

Number 5. 100%
I get you and I love that I know e.x.a.c.t.l.y what you're talking about :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:47:00 PM  

Amen, G. I feel like we're in a secret club. ;-)

Theresa L,  Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:44:00 PM  

#9. I'm so with you. With a family of 5, it's hard enough when we go out to find a place to make everyone happy. I really don't care, most of the time, but Keith (bless his heart!) wants me to be happy so he'll ask and ask trying to find out where I want to go. I don't think he believes me when I say I don't care! LOL

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 22, 2016 6:18:00 AM  

Theresa: LOL! Sometimes, I will finally answer with "do you know what I want? YOU TO PLEASE STOP ASKING ME." LOL!!

april Monday, January 25, 2016 8:40:00 AM  

I'm a crust girl for pizza, but that's also because I'm not much of a pizza gal. I don't like red sauces and I'd rather just eat my bread.

I'm with you on the restaurant thing completely. I hate making food decisions that involve more than just me unless I'm cooking. I will usually voice what sounds completely unappealing and then go with the flow, or give a couple choices and make C pick.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 25, 2016 10:03:00 AM  

April: T will tell me "just PICK someplace!" and then, as a compromise, I tell him to give me three options to choose from. Heh.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP