Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2015: I Read Books

A little more 2015 wrap-up. I challenged myself to read 40 books in 2015. I managed to finish all 40 -- just barely.

1. Best Book(s) You Read In 2015? 
When Crickets Cry. The Five People You Meet in Heaven.


2. Most Disappointing Book?
Firefly Summer.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book?
Promises to Keep.

4. Book(s) you recommended to people most in 2015?
The Cousins' War series.

5. Best series you discovered in 2015?
I didn't "discover" any, because all my series books are ongoing. I decided not to begin any new ones until I got caught up on some I was already enjoying.

6. Favorite new author(s) you discovered in 2015?
Charles Martin.

7. Most thrilling, un-put-down-able book in 2015?
These Things Hidden. Song of Susannah.

8. Book you most anticipated in 2015?
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.

9. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


10. Most memorable character(s) in 2015?
Jonny "Reese" Mitchell (When Crickets Cry). Annie Stephens (When Crickets Cry). CeeCee Wilkes (The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes). Elizabeth of York (The White Princess).

11. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
When Crickets Cry.

12. The longest book you read in 2015?
Ahab's Wife: or, The Star-Gazer - 688 pages.

13. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I mean, seriously, I've owned the book since it was released. In 2010.

14. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?
“It seemed childish to me that adults who knew each other well and who had been devoted friends could allow a breach in their friendship.” (from Ahab’s Wife: or, The Star-Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund)

15. Authors you'd like to read more of in 2016? 
Charles Martin. Philippa Gregory.

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:46:00 AM  

I remember loving When Crickets Cry...and now I think I should re-read it since I don't know what I was confused about in the end. I feel like I'm a "better" (?) reader now as opposed to when I read that book (10 years ago!). Did you like CeeCee Wilkes? I remember enjoying that one too!!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:55:00 AM  

Krystyn: I noticed multiple people were a little confused by the ending, but I was reading slowly (mostly to savor it) and it made sense to me. If I remember correctly, they were a little vague about something at the end, but the clues were there to decipher it? I did like CeeCee Wilkes. I recall it being a page turner!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:40:00 PM  

I've read one or two Charles Martin books, and really enjoyed them. And good grief, 688 pages? That shouldn't even be called a book. More like a boat anchor. Please tell me you don't have very many of those largess ones on tap for this year!

BTW, love the new template, it looks wonderful :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:57:00 PM  

LOL, Stacy! I really do pick some beasts, don't I? That Firefly Summer was a thick one, too. And the Stephen King one. I have...two long ones on tap for 2016, I think? The final book in that Stephen King series and I have a classic that's pretty lengthy. Everything else is pretty "normal"...maybe.

Thank you! I felt like I was ready for some refreshing, but I love the color palette, so I didn't want to change that. Decided to make things a little more "clean" and updated. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP